Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Project folders recognized & listed in U++ startup list, stay organized
Project folders recognized & listed in U++ startup list, stay organized [message #44355] Sat, 28 February 2015 06:52 Go to next message
Edward is currently offline  Edward
I was curious why some project folders, in my MyApps folder, were not listed in the opening U++ Select Main Package form, while others were listed.
This is a very common practice in IDEs.

From the Packages, Assemblies, and Nests documentation. http:// www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$PackagesAssembliesAndNests$en-us. html
Quote:
The package directory contains the package definition file (a plain text file with a .upp extension), which always has the same name as the package directory.

The 'always' means Must.

My mission is to find a powerful(Non MS) C++ IDE w/GUI to marry and spend the rest of my life with...

[Updated on: Sat, 28 February 2015 16:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Project folders recognized & listed in U++ startup list, stay organized [message #44358 is a reply to message #44355] Sat, 28 February 2015 16:55 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Edward wrote on Sat, 28 February 2015 06:52
I was curious why some project folders, in my MyApps folder, were not listed in the opening U++ Select Main Package form, while others were listed.
This is a very common practice in IDEs.

Hi Edward,

By default, TheIDE only shows "Main packages". Main package means that it has main package configuration (set via corresponding dialg from Project menu) and it usually contains main()/CONSOLE_APP_MAIN/GUI_APP_MAIN method.

Check the select box in lower left corner of the dialog, it allows you to display non-main packages as well and also packages from other nests in the same assembly.

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: Add/Remove flags disfunction [BUG?]
Next Topic: Opening a package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:11:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01343 seconds