Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » After splitting a package into 2, Optimal builds crash
After splitting a package into 2, Optimal builds crash [message #44740] Fri, 12 June 2015 12:14 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I have a package that is slowly beginning too big, so I split it into a main part and a support library.

But doing this, and only this (+changing a few includes to point to the new package) causes Optimal builds to crash at a random point.

I have tried two times since I discovered this and it a very strange problem. Does not seem to have anything to do with compilation parameters at all.

I am using MSC 10.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Now I shall revert back and try to do one file at a time or something similar to see when it breaks.
Re: After splitting a package into 2, Optimal builds crash [message #44741 is a reply to message #44740] Fri, 12 June 2015 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Fri, 12 June 2015 12:14
I have a package that is slowly beginning too big, so I split it into a main part and a support library.

But doing this, and only this (+changing a few includes to point to the new package) causes Optimal builds to crash at a random point.

I have tried two times since I discovered this and it a very strange problem. Does not seem to have anything to do with compilation parameters at all.

I am using MSC 10.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Now I shall revert back and try to do one file at a time or something similar to see when it breaks.

From the post, I am unsure what is crashing... TheIDE or compiled application while running?

If it is about compiled application, IME this is most often caused by global initializations issues. Either the order is changed, or you some INITBLOCK is not in .icpp files etc...

[Updated on: Fri, 12 June 2015 12:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: After splitting a package into 2, Optimal builds crash [message #44743 is a reply to message #44741] Fri, 12 June 2015 12:44 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
The application is crashing.

Or was crashing.

In my experience, such issues are always the programmers fault, and indeed I had a bug.

The strange part is that Optimize + two packages changed the memory layout enough for the issue to appear. With only one package, the bug is still a bug but did not cause a memory access error for me.

Very strange. Must have had this bug for at least 4 months now and it never crashed.
Previous Topic: Debugging mouse over popup need to be improved
Next Topic: Is U++ compatible w/ Linux Clang compiler?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:39:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01480 seconds