Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » TopWindow Partial Invisibility Option?
TopWindow Partial Invisibility Option? [message #4581] Tue, 15 August 2006 22:46 Go to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
I would appreciate to carry on with the idea of a trimmed TopWindow in the thread "No title bar and no frame, just Image or Ctrl":

Is it possible to create a TopWindow which

normally has no frame

has a transparent view

but shows a widget in this transparent view

and optionally looks like a standard TopWindow?

In other words:

Can I create a TopWindow which shows but - e. g. - a filled ellipse and "pops up" the rest of itself when the ellipse is right-clicked?

Werner
Re: TopWindow Partial Invisibility Option? [message #4582 is a reply to message #4581] Tue, 15 August 2006 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am afraid nobody tried that yet Smile

I think that in Win32 you could try to play with SetStyle and SetExStyle and see what happens...

I know it is possible, but I am reluctant at the moment to add functionality I do not know how to reproduce in Linux (apart from my 200 entries ToDo list).

Mirek
Re: TopWindow Partial Invisibility Option? [message #4583 is a reply to message #4582] Tue, 15 August 2006 23:08 Go to previous message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Tue, 15 August 2006 22:53

I am afraid nobody tried that yet Smile

I think that in Win32 you could try to play with SetStyle and SetExStyle and see what happens...

I know it is possible, but I am reluctant at the moment to add functionality I do not know how to reproduce in Linux (apart from my 200 entries ToDo list).

Mirek

Never mind! This was just an idea and is not a crucial feature. The idea derives from the splash screen of FreeStone Group's "Magical Glass" (http://freestone-group.com/). I simply like it Cool the splash and the program).

Werner
Previous Topic: how to start TopWindow without GUI_APP_MAIN from other apps? [NEEDS IMPLEMENTATION...]
Next Topic: Implementation of TrayIcon for linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:17:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05799 seconds