Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Intellisense not working.
Intellisense not working. [message #44957] Fri, 31 July 2015 00:46 Go to next message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
On bigger projects, sometimes the intellisense cease to work.

Is there a file I could delete so that is rebuilt?
Re: Intellisense not working. [message #44958 is a reply to message #44957] Fri, 31 July 2015 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello rxantos,

By "intellisense" you mean new cpp parser? You can reparse your source files. You can do this by clicking on "Assist" menu bar option and then choosing "Reparse source files" entry.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Intellisense not working. [message #44963 is a reply to message #44957] Sun, 02 August 2015 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
rxantos wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 00:46
On bigger projects, sometimes the intellisense cease to work.

Is there a file I could delete so that is rebuilt?

Hi,

it is still in 'maturing' phase, but for me it generally works quite well. But that is more a reason to fix remaning issues fast to make it perfect... Smile

Generally, there are 3 kinds of bugs:

- some specific code should parse, but it does not. That is general problem usually fixable pretty quick as soon as I have reproducible case - and this is usually easy to reproduce.

- rarely, but spotted is the the case when is some situation it stops working in some file. Pressing Ctrl+Space shows only global symbols, not symbols related of current class/namespace. Unfortunately, this is hard to reproduce, as in such case it usually resumes working a moment later, e.g. going to another file and back. Is this the case you have encountered?

- in the past, sometimes CodeBase got "leaking" and consumed much more memory that it should (it is about 100MB for ide sources, it was getting to e.g. 500MB area). I am not sure that this error persists, have not met it for some time...

Specifying more details in bug reports about new cpp parser would be very helpful... Smile

Mirek
Re: Intellisense not working. [message #45979 is a reply to message #44957] Fri, 05 February 2016 17:38 Go to previous message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
Typing is still agonizingly slow..... on my core i-3 (version 9448)
My application is getting pretty dam large with 100+ source files.
That might be a factor...?
Previous Topic: [Bug?] mismatching closing brace with opening brace
Next Topic: Application can't be started when the Assembly name has spaces in it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:12:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02041 seconds