Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet.
Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46017] Thu, 18 February 2016 22:36 Go to next message
Navadvipa Chandra das is currently offline  Navadvipa Chandra das

Hello, all!

1. What is the meaning of editor options "Group by file folders" and "Persistent tab"?
2. What is the meaning in lay editors, for example, SetLabel() "Ctx" and "Id" buttons. What the help section they are described?
3. Why don't you work hot key install Bookmarks ( Shift+Ctrl+0 ... Shift+Ctrl+9 )? Using the menu "File->Bookmarks->Set" everything works. hot key go to Bookmarks ( Ctrl+0 ... Ctrl+9 ) work good.
4. Why hot keys only work in English keyboard layout and with Russian keyboard layout they don't work? It is very inconvenient in operation.

Rosa Linux Fresh R7 64 bit. U++ 9466 .

Thanks!

With best regards Navadvipa Chandra das.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 February 2016 23:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46018 is a reply to message #46017] Fri, 19 February 2016 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Navadvipa Chandra das wrote on Thu, 18 February 2016 16:36
2. What is the meaning in lay editors, for example, SetLabel() "Ctx" and "Id" buttons. What the help section they are described?

http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$CtrlLib$Tutorial$en-us.html
Section "16. Layouts".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46023 is a reply to message #46018] Fri, 19 February 2016 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Sergey adn all!

Thank you for the answer.
Did not help.

ITEM(Label, dv___2, SetLabel(t_("TestCtx\vTestLabel")).LeftPosZ(264, 40).TopPosZ(48, 19))
ITEM(Label, dv___2, SetLabel(t_("TestId\aTestLabel")).LeftPosZ(264, 40).TopPosZ(48, 19))

What means "\v" and "\a" ?

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46033 is a reply to message #46023] Sun, 21 February 2016 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Navadvipa Chandra das wrote on Fri, 19 February 2016 14:59

This looks like QTF control characters to me. I'm not sure. QTF should be activated with \1.
The best way to figure that out is to put a breakpoint in Label::SetLabel and check what will happen with this text.
Other interesting classes to take a look at are LabelBase and DrawLabel.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46039 is a reply to message #46033] Sun, 21 February 2016 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Novo wrote on Sun, 21 February 2016 16:31
Navadvipa Chandra das wrote on Fri, 19 February 2016 14:59

This looks like QTF control characters to me. I'm not sure.

Actually, \v and \a are related to translations Wink They separate context and id keys from the translated text, see the documentation on translations.
Best regards,
Honza
Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46045 is a reply to message #46039] Mon, 22 February 2016 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Jan Dolinár and all!

It is not clear how it works. Description weak. May be understand when it comes to a real translation of your app. Thank you!

Shift+Ctrl+0 ... Shift+Ctrl+9 do not work, but none of them cared.

Hotkeys Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V Ctrn+/, Ctrl+N and so on do not work when a Russian keymap. None of them cared.

Thanks!

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46046 is a reply to message #46045] Mon, 22 February 2016 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I can confirm that CTRL + C and CTRL + V dosen't work when Russian keyboard is on (I tested on Kubuntu). So this bug can be related with GTK backed - I will need to try with X11. Toomorow I will create redmine issue.

Sincerely,
Klugier
Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46049 is a reply to message #46046] Tue, 23 February 2016 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Zbigniew Rębacz and all!

In ROSA Linux Fresh R7, these keys definitely do not work.

Incorrectly translated previous message. I thought that in Ubuntu it works, so wrote again. It's good that it goes in the error list.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2016 08:05]

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46051 is a reply to message #46049] Tue, 23 February 2016 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Issue added to redmine http://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/1386

Quote:

Shift+Ctrl+0 ... Shift+Ctrl+9 do not work, but none of them cared.

Hotkeys Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V Ctrn+/, Ctrl+N and so on do not work when a Russian keymap. None of them cared.

I think we care, but we don't have enough manpower to solve all issues and react on bug reports immediately. We have around 200 open task on our issue tracker - http://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/projects/upp

On the other hand, U++ is open source project, so you can speed up development process by sending patches. It shouldn't be hard to fix some issues - just dive in the code. The library code is well written so it should be a pleasure Wink The other factor that can contribute to U++ growth is donations. The more money we have the more developers can work on the project. As a result, some bugs will be fix sooner. Smile

Sincerely and Thanks for reporting problems (Yes we care Smile),
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2016 20:25]

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46154 is a reply to message #46051] Sat, 19 March 2016 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

We fixed issues with hotkeys on Russian, but for some cases it can work strange. The problem here is that we have got Cyrillic events from GTK and it doesn't bind to general buttons. So you received wrong input.

Can you test on version 9614 and above (It will be avaliable in nightly builds tomorrow). But you can use "svn up" to update your uppsrc dir. Then you can compile ide or something else. Please notice that CTRL+W can act as CTRL+C.

Sincerley,
Klugier

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46155 is a reply to message #46154] Sun, 20 March 2016 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I believe that the new fix should solve the issue completely.

I apologize for not spotting this sooner. The way how GTK handles keyboard layouts is sort of unique and quite illogical. Quick google search reveals that we are not the only ones caught by surprise.. Smile

Anyway, I believe it should be now OK. Please test and report. Fixed in svn rev 9615.

Mirek
Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46224 is a reply to message #46017] Mon, 28 March 2016 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Mirek, Rębacz and all!

Hotkeys work in the Russian keyboard layout, but the shortcut set bookmarks (Shift+Ctrl+0 ... Shift+Ctrl+9) - not working with any keyboard layout. And they are needed.
Thank you very much!

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46225 is a reply to message #46224] Mon, 28 March 2016 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I think we should redesign our bookmarks code. In my opinion we should have something like bookmarks manager where bookmarks will be store (unlimited numbers). Then user will only open window (via shortcut) with bookmarks list and select certain bookmark. Moreover CodeEditor should be able to display that certain line is bookmarked. What do you think?

Sincerely,
Klugier

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46226 is a reply to message #46225] Mon, 28 March 2016 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello one more time,

I can confirm that CTRL+SHIFT+$(Number) shortcuts dosen't work on GTK backend even with latin keyboard. This can be easily reproduce with reference/Events package.

Sincerely,
Klugier

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #46227 is a reply to message #46225] Mon, 28 March 2016 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Rębacz and all!

Special bookmark Manager is good. An unlimited number of bookmarks is very good. But in any case you cannot remove these Favoriten bookmarks from zero to nine. They are quick to use and very convenient. These shortcuts I still remember in Borland Delphi and Borland C++ Builder. I have always used them. And ten bookmarks (where each file was allocated ten bookmarks) is quite enough. So the new possibility should not undermine the old. Why destroy what has already been done, proven and is simply convenient to use. So the keys (Shift+Ctrl+0 ... Shift+Ctrl+9) for set bookmarks and (Ctrl+0 ... Ctrl+9) for go to bookmarks should work.

Thank!

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #49326 is a reply to message #46227] Sat, 27 January 2018 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I have good information for you - the issue with Shitf+Ctrl+0...9 is fixed by Mirek today for all POSIX backends (GTK and X11). You can check this with 11735 version and above.

Sincerely,
Klugier

[Updated on: Sat, 27 January 2018 16:16]

Re: Questions on the editor and hotkeys. And yet. [message #52502 is a reply to message #49326] Fri, 11 October 2019 18:25 Go to previous message

Hare Krishna, Klugier, Mirek and all!

Thank You!

Previous Topic: How do I construct a Vector from a C-style array?
Next Topic: [SOLVED] Added my own .h file, struggling to use the String type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:51:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01282 seconds