Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [ACCEPTED] New file (Additional replacment for "Insert package directory file")
[ACCEPTED] New file [message #46489] Sun, 15 May 2016 19:57 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I think we should find better (easier) alternative for "Insert package directory file". Here is my experimental solution. We need to allow user to create file from simply create (File -> NewFile). The user specific package (current by default) and the select type of file like .cpp .c or .lay file. After that then press next and select name for new file. Here is screen shot:

Redmine ticket: http://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/1447.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5015&private=0

What do you think about this?

Sincerely and Thanks for discussion,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2016 22:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [FEATURE DISCUSSION] New file [message #46490 is a reply to message #46489] Sun, 15 May 2016 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Second phase:

index.php?t=getfile&id=5016&private=0

Re: [FEATURE DISCUSSION] New file [message #46498 is a reply to message #46490] Mon, 16 May 2016 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi Klugier,

Very interesting. Cretain new project could then be similar to other RAD like Code Typhon.

Cheers Smile
Biobytes
Re: [FEATURE DISCUSSION] New file [message #46559 is a reply to message #46498] Sun, 29 May 2016 18:13 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I and Mirek decided to drop idea with wizard and replace it by something different. We improved package menu by adding "New" option. Here you can create any file (here need to specific extension by yourself). Alternatively you select predefined file extension by selecting category. This is super easy for new users, because they shouldn't know certain file extension.

Here is screen-shot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=5023&private=0

What do you think guys about this solution? I will be happy if I received feedback from you. You can test it from version 9891.

Sincerely,
Klugier

[Updated on: Sun, 29 May 2016 18:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Bug+solution in TheIde Topic++
Next Topic: [FEATURE] Add submenu "Macro /Edit" to package that use usc macro (patch included)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:54:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02547 seconds