Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Bug in "NTL - Transfer semantics" documentation
Bug in "NTL - Transfer semantics" documentation [message #4668] Fri, 18 August 2006 17:59 Go to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
In "Help Topics / Transfer semantics / Makings things easy" the code line

Sad int GetCount() const {return const;}

should read:

Smile int GetCount() const {return count;}

BTW:

"Help Topics / Print" is still unusable. The font is way too tiny. On the other hand the detour via "Topic++ / Topic / Export to PDF" ... works fine.

Last but not least:

To keep up with possible documentation changes I use WinMerge to compare the sources. This tells me that all NTL documentation files were changed. But apart from minor fixes in 1 file these changes are not visible when the files are displayed or printed.

What is happening there?

Werner
Re: Bug in "NTL - Transfer semantics" documentation [message #4669 is a reply to message #4668] Fri, 18 August 2006 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

Werner wrote on Fri, 18 August 2006 11:59

To keep up with possible documentation changes I use WinMerge to compare the sources. This tells me that all NTL documentation files were changed. But apart from minor fixes in 1 file these changes are not visible when the files are displayed or printed.

What is happening there?

If you are just comparing the old .tpp files (605) to the new ones (latest dev release) then the difference is compression. The new version introduces file Topic++ compression to save space. But if you are comparing other versions, it could be a simple "timestamp touch" thing.
Re: Bug in "NTL - Transfer semantics" documentation [message #4671 is a reply to message #4669] Sat, 19 August 2006 10:59 Go to previous message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
rbmatt wrote on Fri, 18 August 2006 18:14

Werner wrote on Fri, 18 August 2006 11:59

What is happening there?

If you are just comparing the old .tpp files (605) to the new ones (latest dev release) then the difference is compression. The new version introduces file Topic++ compression to save space. But if you are comparing other versions, it could be a simple "timestamp touch" thing.

I'm not sure whether this is the answer:

I always compare the last but one development release with the last development release, in this case 607-dev3 with 608-dev1.

But then WinMerge (which I consider to be the best free comparison tool) shows the differences in a very sophisticated way. I don't believe that this is just a "timestamp touch thing".

Werner

Previous Topic: playing sound files
Next Topic: problem with String and == operator in 608-dev1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:00:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01048 seconds