Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » TheIde crash after suspend (linux)
TheIde crash after suspend (linux) [message #47800] Wed, 29 March 2017 14:12 Go to next message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
What I see happen often is that when I suspend my session with TheIde still open and then reopen my laptop in the morning, I get a popup and TheIde closes.
It doesn't always happen, but pretty often.
Re: TheIde crash after suspend (linux) [message #47802 is a reply to message #47800] Thu, 30 March 2017 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I added corresponding redmine ticket #1667. Your description of the problem is not too big. Can you describe in what status is your ide - opened main package, compiling package etc. Moreover it would be nice to have some information about your computer setup - distribution, 32-bit vs 64-bit etc.

And finally, maybe you have got some clues that allow us to faster solve the problem. The code ones is the preferred way Wink

Sincerely and thanks for reporting Wink,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: TheIde crash after suspend (linux) [message #47923 is a reply to message #47800] Mon, 24 April 2017 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Theide would be open with a big project loaded. Lots of files and lots of packages. I would have been typing and compiling and running and then suspend the session for the next. When I open the laptop the next day and click on theide on the taskbar to de-minimize the window, there is a popup with a red icon. The caption is "Error - KDialog" and the text is : Fatal Eror. Invalid Memory Access. When I click ok theide closes.
  • Attachment: Error.png
    (Size: 278.46KB, Downloaded 186 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2017 18:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIde crash after suspend (linux) [message #47924 is a reply to message #47923] Mon, 24 April 2017 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
System: Linux Mint 17.3 KDE version 64 bit. (On a Hp laptop with 3.4Ghz Intel i5 (ivy bridge), 16GB ram, 960GB ssd (~30% full))
Re: TheIde crash after suspend (linux) [message #47930 is a reply to message #47924] Mon, 24 April 2017 22:31 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I cannot reproduce on my machine with KDE (Kubuntu 16.04 - new KDE (5 rather than 4). Can you also try to update your build to the latests stable or nightly build and try to reproduce. I believe without strong logging infrastructure, it will be hard to diagnose.

Of course, I am some kind of Eco guy and don't want to keep my machine in hibernation mode over the night for testing purpose Wink

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Previous Topic: unitialized variable v10977
Next Topic: bug(minor): debug->watch: buttons out of place
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:24:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01403 seconds