Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Layout editor, where's the ColorPusher and other magical types???
Layout editor, where's the ColorPusher and other magical types??? [message #47966] Fri, 28 April 2017 21:40 Go to next message
ptkacz is currently offline  ptkacz
The GoeFun demo that comes with U++, within the layout editor, within the type column, lists the type, ColorPusher, named LineColor. Wanting something similar, within my own project, the ColorPusher type doesn't appear listed. Even if one right clicks on the GeoFun layout, making sue of the right click context drop-down, the type does not list. Where do some types magically come from? Is this one of those things that one has to manually edit in the actual layout source text?

Peter
Re: Layout editor, where's the ColorPusher and other magical types??? [message #47967 is a reply to message #47966] Fri, 28 April 2017 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It is not the magic that you could add custom class in layout editor. By custom I understand that controls that doesn't have it's own representation in the usc file. To add that controls please do following steps:
1. Click on the layout editor and select "User class" option (first from the top).
2. Select the name for that control - you want ColorPusher - no problem call it like this.

* The user class must be decelerated before including layout file to work properly. Otherwise, you will have compilation error.

I checked that ColorPusher is part of the CtrlLib, so it should be embedded in the usc file of CtrlLib package. If somebody wants to help on this task - please fell free to published patch. I created following redmine topic to track this feature - #1698 (Not critical with low priority).

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Layout editor, where's the ColorPusher and other magical types??? [message #47973 is a reply to message #47966] Sun, 30 April 2017 06:57 Go to previous message
ptkacz is currently offline  ptkacz
Thanks Klugier.
Previous Topic: U++ playing nice with other applications
Next Topic: How does one determine the byte order of the RGBA struct?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:38:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01084 seconds