Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Case insensitivity for Assist++
Case insensitivity for Assist++ [message #48441] Tue, 04 July 2017 10:17 Go to next message
rafiwui is currently offline  rafiwui
Experienced Member
IMO the Assist++ should not be case sensitive because I prefer typing everything in lowercase and choose the correct casing from the code completion window. I did that in other IDEs I used and so I am missing it in TheIDE.

Greetings
Daniel
Re: Case insensitivity for Assist++ [message #48529 is a reply to message #48441] Sat, 15 July 2017 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
That's weird. AFAIK it is case insensitive. (it only orders matching case first)
Re: Case insensitivity for Assist++ [message #48537 is a reply to message #48529] Mon, 17 July 2017 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hmm oh yes basically you're right. But sometimes the variables and methods just don't appear when I type case insensitive and if I write them case sensitive they appear. Maybe the problem is not the case but sth else? But I can't tell at the moment. I will check what exactly I want to call and what happens in the assist next time.

Greetings
Daniel
Re: Case insensitivity for Assist++ [message #48564 is a reply to message #48537] Wed, 26 July 2017 09:18 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Ok I found an example where it doesn't work: When I include something.
If I just type
#include <CtrlLib/Ctrll

nothing shows up.
I need to type
#include <CtrlLib/CtrlL

to be able to select it in the dropdown.

Greetings
Daniel
Previous Topic: TheIDE: Copy as definition/declaration (ALT + C) copies virtual specifiers.
Next Topic: Syntax highlighting - Settings being over written with defaults
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:15:37 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01340 seconds