Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » TheIDE failed to run with xlib
TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48584] Wed, 02 August 2017 11:00 Go to next message
rafiwui is currently offline  rafiwui
Experienced Member
After compiling the U++ package under CentOS 6.9 I wanted to start it but I get the following error:
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "desktop-284qpdh:0".
Invalid memory access!

Did someone already face this problem or knows a solution?
Do I have to set any environment variables? (like LD_LIBRARY_PATH or similiar)

Greetings
Daniel
Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48585 is a reply to message #48584] Wed, 02 August 2017 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Ok so I added /usr/lib64 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and now it seems that RANDR is not missing anymore but I get the following errors now:
./theide: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./theide)
./theide: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./theide)
./theide: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by ./theide)

Is this because CentOS 6.9 comes with an too old gcc and my installation of the new one doesn't replace or change everything correct?

Greetings
Daniel
Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48681 is a reply to message #48585] Thu, 24 August 2017 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
After reinstalling U++ this workaround does not work anymore.
So please can someone help me?

Greetings
Daniel
Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48684 is a reply to message #48681] Thu, 24 August 2017 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
You are compiling U++ with a more recent version of gcc and this more recent version uses different libraries than default.
We can't solve your issues. It's not U++ related.

Note: U++ has successfully been compiled on Centos 7 (1611) with all updates applied.
Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48685 is a reply to message #48684] Thu, 24 August 2017 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
What do you mean by more recent version of gcc? What version do you expect me to use?

Greetings
Daniel
Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48686 is a reply to message #48584] Thu, 24 August 2017 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Here is where I found that you are using a more recent gcc version to compile U++:

Quote:

Is this because CentOS 6.9 comes with an too old gcc and my installation of the new one doesn't replace or change everything correct?

Here is where I found that your new gcc version uses its own libraries or you didn't run 'make distclean' after using several different gcc versions to compile the same U++ source code or perhaps an other issue I don't think about:

Quote:

./theide: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./theide)
./theide: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./theide)
./theide: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by ./theide)

Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48688 is a reply to message #48686] Thu, 24 August 2017 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Well yes that was correct for the workaround but like I wrote here
Quote:
After reinstalling U++ this workaround does not work anymore.

it is useless to add the libraries to the environment variables.
Before reinstalling I removed my self compiled gcc btw so at the moment I am running the official devtoolset-6 gcc compiler (Version 6.3.1).
But I still have the "Invalid memory access!" error.

Greetings
Daniel
Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48690 is a reply to message #48688] Thu, 24 August 2017 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Are you stuck with CentOS 6.9 or can you update to Centos 7 (1611) ?

I had strange issues with CentOS 6.x in the past and I couldn't solve them, even for the last stable U++ release. I'm quite sure that I won't be able to solve them today too. Too much troubles for a so tinny outcome.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2017 15:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48693 is a reply to message #48690] Thu, 24 August 2017 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
For now I am stuck with CentOS 6.9. It would be an enormous amount of work to upgrade Confused
But I'll check the possibilities.

Interesting thing is: This error appears on my testmachine. On the actual machine I installed the 2015 build because I only have access to an older compiler and there it still tells me that RANDR is missing but no Invalid memory access and so TheIDE starts and works almost perfect (some bugs with my XServer but no U++ errors)

Greetings
Daniel
Re: TheIDE failed to run with xlib [message #48695 is a reply to message #48693] Thu, 24 August 2017 16:32 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Centos 6.x releases started from 2014. It's too old.

1. it uses gcc 4.4.7
2. Even the 6.9 release doesn't provide clang++

Perhaps you will be able to find your way into it. If it works on one of your machine, than you should be able to find what is missing or what is wrong on the other.
Previous Topic: Compilation error
Next Topic: requirements for install - cygwin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:23:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00905 seconds