FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » SysInfo - linking fail
SysInfo - linking fail [message #49073] Thu, 14 December 2017 08:55 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

with latest U++ 11550 and Mingw in a program using Function4U I got the following error

C:\Users\Postazione2\Documents\upp/MyApps/Functions4U/Functi ons4U_Gui.h (40): warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11 [-Wdeprecated]
(): Linking has failed
(): C:/Users/Postazione2/Documents/upp/out/MyApps/SysInfo/MINGWx 64.Gui\SysInfo.a(SysInfo.o):SysInfo.cpp:(.rdata$.refptr.CLSI D_WbemAdministrativeLocator[.refptr.CLSID_WbemAdministrative Locator]+0x0): undefined referen
ce to `CLSID_WbemAdministrativeLocator'
(): collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
Luigi

[Updated on: Sun, 17 December 2017 21:52] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: SysInfo [message #49091 is a reply to message #49073] Sat, 16 December 2017 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Forlano

Thank you for the report. I think it is fixed now.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SysInfo [message #49092 is a reply to message #49091] Sat, 16 December 2017 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Just small code review of your fix dear Koldo Smile

DWORD /*dwThreadId, */dwProcessId; // This is bad habit to keep commented code in your sources. The commented variable should be removed.

// Just keep
DWORD dwProcessId;

// The same thing here...
/* dwThreadId = */GetWindowThreadProcessId(reinterpret_cast<HWND>(hWnd[i]), &dwProcessId);

// Stay with:
GetWindowThreadProcessId(reinterpret_cast<HWND>(hWnd[i]), &dwProcessId);

// -----------------------------------------------
DWORD state = ::WaitForSingleObject(hProc, timeout);

// Why not auto? You will do not need to remember the type returning by WaitForSIngleObject...
auto state = ::WaitForSingleObject(hProc, timeout);

if ((state == WAIT_TIMEOUT) || (state == WAIT_FAILED))
      	ret = ::TerminateProcess(hProc, 0); // You have space indentation instead of tabs... 

//bool hdSerialMatch = false; // The same problem with commented code - not used remove it.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 December 2017 23:13]

Re: SysInfo [message #49095 is a reply to message #49092] Sun, 17 December 2017 09:35 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Dear Klugier

Thank you for your review.

Normally in code that has been programed years ago, after finding that something is not interesting, I usually comment this out for a while instead of removing it just if I realize after that it was interesting.

I am not used with the "auto" type. I think it hides the real type "for good and for evil". I mean, you require a little more effort to put DWORD instead of auto, but when you are reviewing the code, you cannot see the hidden details at a glance with an auto. Even in this case I prefer to put DWORD instead of an int.

About spaces instead of tabs, it is probably because of my editor does not distingish spaces and tabs (and if yes, I would disabled this feature). I do prefer tabs, but I do not thing this is interesting.

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Fri, 29 December 2017 22:46]

Previous Topic: firebird error message
Next Topic: ChromiumBrowserExample compilation error due to lack of "cef_atomicops_x86_gcc.h"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:25:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01550 seconds