Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Core/SSL crashes at exit on Linux.
Core/SSL crashes at exit on Linux. [message #49394] Fri, 02 February 2018 13:06 Go to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello,

SSL 1.1.0, crashes on cleanup (always).

(InitExit.cpp, line 90):
        sk_SSL_COMP_free( pCOMP ); // According to  gdb, pCOMP seems to be a a valid pointer but app crashes after this line. 
                                   // Commenting out this line prevents crashes, but I'm not sure if it leaks or not. (U++'s allocators don't complain)

It crashes after this line, not in it, so a double freeing might be happening. I'm not familiar with low level code of OpenSSL but it says:

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/ssl/SSL_COMP_add_compr ession_method.html
Quote:

In versions of OpenSSL prior to 1.1.0 SSL_COMP_free_compression_methods() freed the internal table of compression methods that were built internally, and possibly augmented by adding SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(). However this is now unnecessary from version 1.1.0. No explicit initialisation or de-initialisation is necessary. See OPENSSL_init_crypto and OPENSSL_init_ssl. From OpenSSL 1.1.0 calling this function does nothing.

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Fri, 02 February 2018 14:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Core/SSL crashes at exit on Linux. [message #49410 is a reply to message #49394] Tue, 06 February 2018 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hopefully fixed (with #ifdef). Please check.

I was testing in Debian 9 - in the process, I have noticed another problem with SslRealloc - SSL there was calling that with NULL ptr and non-zero size. That should be now fixed as well...
Re: Core/SSL crashes at exit on Linux. [message #49412 is a reply to message #49410] Tue, 06 February 2018 13:07 Go to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Now it seems to work fine. No crashes. Thanks!

Best regards,
Oblivion.

Previous Topic: Vector<T>::Set(int i, T&& x) proposal
Next Topic: Bug with FindMatch(const Range& r, const C& match, int from = 0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:28:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02457 seconds