Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » line number, colunm number and current function ...
line number, colunm number and current function ... [message #49831] Mon, 14 May 2018 11:25 Go to next message
aftershock is currently offline  aftershock
Experienced Member
line number, colunm number and current function could be displayed at the bottom of the editor window in another status bar, it would be more visible.
It would be better for me.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2018 11:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: line number, colunm number and current function ... [message #49832 is a reply to message #49831] Mon, 14 May 2018 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Current function is displayed in the "Code Navigator". There is not need to duplicate that functionality.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: line number, colunm number and current function ... [message #49833 is a reply to message #49832] Mon, 14 May 2018 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I see it as more optimised display of information.

I would not have to look in so many directions.
Re: line number, colunm number and current function ... [message #49834 is a reply to message #49833] Mon, 14 May 2018 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
What about this?
if I implement it.. and it is going to optional.
It could be turned on and off
Re: line number, colunm number and current function ... [message #49835 is a reply to message #49834] Mon, 14 May 2018 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Personally, I do not like the idea to put the current function singature to the place where line, column and selection is presented. All data here are numbers. You can wait for Mirek's opinion, but for now I do not see reason to implement it in any form.

However, in the future TheIDE API should allow to add such functionality, without the need of Channing TheIDE base code. You could dig into this possibility, by learning Esc language and digging more into TheIDE API.

All documentation related to Esc and TheIDE, you can find here:
- https://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Esc$Esc$en-us.html (Introduction to Esc - currently I am investigating the possibility of creating objects inside Esc)
- https://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$macros$en-us.html (TheIDE API)

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2018 23:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: line number, colunm number and current function ... [message #50024 is a reply to message #49833] Tue, 19 June 2018 16:21 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
aftershock wrote on Mon, 14 May 2018 11:52
I see it as more optimised display of information.

I would not have to look in so many directions.

Well, the name of function is just a couple of pixels from the line number....

Mirek
Previous Topic: Change output directory
Next Topic: [BUG] TheIDE hangs when Assist/THISBACKs menu is called in certain files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:30:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01744 seconds