Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » UTTS: U++ Text to Speech
UTTS: U++ Text to Speech [message #50677] Mon, 03 December 2018 17:31 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

after a long fight with the includes here is a zero approximation Text To Speech app U++ based.
It uses the sapi.h library and try to replicate three actions (Speak, Pause and Stop) of a general application
(see https://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=105 13&goto=50672&#msg_50672 for link and screenshot).

Unfortunately two very (VERY) important features are missing:
1) select the voice format (it affect the quality of the voice);
2) select the voice (English, Italian, etc... that affect the right pronunciation of the text).

This is done in the original application using Windows helper that retrieve the system default, but I am not able to translate in U++.

I hope somebody with more experience can have a look at it and add these two features that improve drastically the voice and pronunciation (it's not nice to listen my default Italian voice to pronunce english text!).

I had to modify the atlbase.h file to remove an annoying compiling error (see readme.txt file).

Thanks,
Luigi

edit: added package
  • Attachment: UTTSApp.7z
    (Size: 582.33KB, Downloaded 198 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 04 December 2018 19:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UTTS: U++ Text to Speech [message #50678 is a reply to message #50677] Mon, 03 December 2018 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Here is a screenshot:

index.php?t=getfile&id=5715&private=0
  • Attachment: utts.png
    (Size: 8.05KB, Downloaded 362 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 04 December 2018 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UTTS: U++ Text to Speech [message #50679 is a reply to message #50678] Mon, 03 December 2018 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
In the first message I have added the package.
Feel free to modify and improve it!
Re: UTTS: U++ Text to Speech [message #50680 is a reply to message #50679] Tue, 04 December 2018 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I have upgraded the package (see first message to download it - an exe file is included for quick test).
I was able to add a DropLine with the available languages.
On my system I see Italian and English variants. I would like to know if other countries will list different languages depending by the OS setting.
The voice format was set to 16 bit, 44 kHz and Mono.

Luigi
Re: UTTS: U++ Text to Speech [message #50681 is a reply to message #50680] Tue, 04 December 2018 22:13 Go to previous message
peterh is currently offline  peterh
Experienced Member
It lists german and english here on Windows 10 64 Bit. And it speaks!
(I tried the included exe)
Previous Topic: FormatBytes function
Next Topic: PlantUmlEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:14:42 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01446 seconds