FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » GLCtrl in GTK
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50729 is a reply to message #50726] Mon, 10 December 2018 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sorry about that typo...

Good to hear the issue seems to be finally resolved Smile
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50731 is a reply to message #50604] Tue, 11 December 2018 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ptkacz is currently offline  ptkacz
Mirek,

I went and tried each of the demos and got:

reference/OpenGL: Yes
reference/GLDrawDemo: Yes
examples-bazaar/FTGL_Demo: Fail

When I attempt to compile the FTGL_Demo, I'm running into an issue with FreeType. See the attached screen shot.

In the past I've gotten this project to compile and run.

Similarly, in another project, I'm now getting errors like:

In file included from /usr/include/GL/glx.h:30:0,
                 from /home/ptkacz/upp/uppsrc/GLCtrl/GLCtrl.h:25,
                 from /home/ptkacz/project/dev/FractGenOne/ConsoleDialog.h:6,
                 from /home/ptkacz/project/dev/FractGenOne/FractGen.h:8,
                 from /home/ptkacz/project/dev/FractGenOne/main.cpp:1,
                 from /home/ptkacz/upp.out/dev/FractGenOne/GCC.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Main.Shared/$blitz.cpp:3:
/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h:199:9: error: reference to 'Font' is ambiguous
         Font font;         /* default text font for text operations */
         ^~~~
In file included from /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h:44:0,
                 from /usr/include/GL/glx.h:30,
                 from /home/ptkacz/upp/uppsrc/GLCtrl/GLCtrl.h:25,
                 from /home/ptkacz/project/dev/FractGenOne/ConsoleDialog.h:6,
                 from /home/ptkacz/project/dev/FractGenOne/FractGen.h:8,
                 from /home/ptkacz/project/dev/FractGenOne/main.cpp:1,
                 from /home/ptkacz/upp.out/dev/FractGenOne/GCC.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Main.Shared/$blitz.cpp:3:
/usr/include/X11/X.h:100:13: note: candidates are: typedef XID Font
 typedef XID Font;

Peter
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50732 is a reply to message #50731] Tue, 11 December 2018 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just did some quick checking the last screen shot that I attached. The FTGL_Demo by default only has the option of GUI NOGTK.

As for an application that I'm working on, if I specify GUI, I receive a bunch of compilation errors. If I specify GUI.NOGTK, the compilation errors go away and I am able to run the application. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to go back and comment out some U++ code in order to get the Open GL code to display as before...

It looks like the issue has not gone away...
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50734 is a reply to message #50732] Tue, 11 December 2018 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, I think I might have found the reason, can you please try with trunk?

For what is worth, FTGL_Demo now works (without NOGTK).
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50756 is a reply to message #50604] Wed, 12 December 2018 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mirek,

I downloaded and successfully built nightly build, upp-x11-src-12610M. Compiling of the FTGL_Demo was unsuccessful. Attached will be feedback generated during a couple of compilation attempts. The same issues encountered last night, appear to be resulting. No adjustments we made to any U++ C++ library code.

Peter
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50757 is a reply to message #50756] Wed, 12 December 2018 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ptkacz wrote on Wed, 12 December 2018 04:43
Mirek,

I downloaded and successfully built nightly build, upp-x11-src-12610M. Compiling of the FTGL_Demo was unsuccessful. Attached will be feedback generated during a couple of compilation attempts. The same issues encountered last night, appear to be resulting. No adjustments we made to any U++ C++ library code.

Peter

12610 is not enough, changes are in 12611. Probably it was too soon for nightly or nightly build has failed.

I suggest checking out svn trunk (or git) and keeping it in sync. After you have install svn, the process is more or less automated from theide - check Setup menu, the last item.
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50774 is a reply to message #50757] Sat, 15 December 2018 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mirek,

Utilizing Git, I downloaded the mirror. One question, where is the Makefile?

Peter
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50775 is a reply to message #50774] Sat, 15 December 2018 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ptkacz wrote on Sat, 15 December 2018 04:56
Mirek,

Utilizing Git, I downloaded the mirror. One question, where is the Makefile?

Peter

Nowhere (that is generated for nightly only). But you do not need one.

Simply create new assemblies for the mirror. Or replace uppsrc with downloaded one.

Mirek
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50777 is a reply to message #50775] Sun, 16 December 2018 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mirek,

Just an FYI, within the Documentation section of this website, the link, POSIX (Linux, BSD, ...) setup is broken.

As for applying the master's version's U++ source directory on top of the last nightly build's U++ source directory, I received the following errors when making:
_out/ide/Builders/GCCMK-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Posix-Shared/Builders.a(GccBuilder.o): In function `GccBuilder::Link(Upp::Vector<Upp::String> const&, Upp::String const&, bool)':
GccBuilder.cpp:(.text._ZN10GccBuilder4LinkERKN3Upp6VectorINS0_6StringEEERKS2_b+0x84): undefined reference to `GccBuilder::CocoaAppBundle()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:255: recipe for target 'ide.out' failed
make[1]: *** [ide.out] Error 1
_out/ide/Builders/GCCMK-Gcc-Linux-Posix-Shared/Builders.a(GccBuilder.o): In function `GccBuilder::Link(Upp::Vector<Upp::String> const&, Upp::String const&, bool)':
GccBuilder.cpp:(.text._ZN10GccBuilder4LinkERKN3Upp6VectorINS0_6StringEEERKS2_b+0x84): undefined reference to `GccBuilder::CocoaAppBundle()'
uMakefile:84: recipe for target 'umk.out' failed
make[1]: *** [umk.out] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ptkacz/Downloads/upp-x11-src-12610M/uppsrc'
DOMAKE WARNING: Can't find uppsrc/ide.out binary
Makefile:5: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 4

[Updated on: Sun, 16 December 2018 05:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50778 is a reply to message #50777] Sun, 16 December 2018 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ptkacz wrote on Sun, 16 December 2018 05:14
Hi Mirek,

Just an FYI, within the Documentation section of this website, the link, POSIX (Linux, BSD, ...) setup is broken.

As for applying the master's version's U++ source directory on top of the last nightly build's U++ source directory, I received the following errors when making:
[code]...
_out/ide/Builders/GCCMK-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Posix-Shared/Builders. a(GccBuilder.o): In function `GccBuilder::Link(Upp::Vector<Upp::String> const&, Upp::String const&, bool)':
GccBuilder.cpp:(.text._ZN10GccBuilder4LinkERKN3Upp6VectorINS 0_6StringEEERKS2_b+0x84): undefined reference to `GccBuilder::CocoaAppBundle()'
Makefile:255: recipe for target 'ide.out' failed
make[1]: *** [ide.out] Error 1

I am sorry for not explaining this fully.. By "you do not need makefile" I really mean "you do not need to use make".

The only situation when you are supposed to use make is to build theide. After that, you can use theide to build things.

If you replace sources, you are done and you can then retry your code (in theide).

Mirek
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50780 is a reply to message #50778] Sun, 16 December 2018 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I copied over the master u++ source directory over the installed u++ source directory and was successfully able to get the OpenGL and GLDrawDemo apps to compile and run. As for my application, while able to build and run, the window with the OpenGL canvas appeared with a red background, that has never happened before.

As for the examples-bazaar/FTGL_Demo app., with either the NO.GTK or GUI options, I was not able to get the app to build, too many warning were generated.

Peter
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50781 is a reply to message #50780] Sun, 16 December 2018 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ptkacz wrote on Sun, 16 December 2018 19:04

As for the examples-bazaar/FTGL_Demo app., with either the NO.GTK or GUI options, I was not able to get the app to build, too many warning were generated.
Peter

Can you send a list of those warnings?

(After rebuild all, you can switch theide to console and Ctrl+A select the list and then Ctrl+C copy it, paste to the new file, then post that file as attachement here).

Mirek
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50782 is a reply to message #50781] Mon, 17 December 2018 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the neat feature for CTRL+A and CTRL+C and will have to test in other applications... Wink

Attached will be the requested Console logs.

Peter

Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50793 is a reply to message #50782] Thu, 20 December 2018 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I think that the problem is that you have replaced just 'uppsrc'. Please replace 'bazaar' too.

Mirek
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #50801 is a reply to message #50793] Sat, 22 December 2018 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mirek,

I did as requests and same issue. I also downloaded nightly build 12639 (upp-x11-src-12639.tar.gz) and ran into the same issue.

Attached will be the output from the build console window.

The other the OpenGL demos built and ran with no issue.

Peter
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #51508 is a reply to message #50801] Sun, 07 April 2019 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
OpenGL demo still fails with memory leaks.
I have monitored the first of them and is produced in main.cpp, inside OnPaint(), line 46, in glPopMatrix().

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #51509 is a reply to message #51508] Sun, 07 April 2019 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, if so, then that is leak in OpenGL...

Mirek
Re: GLCtrl in GTK [message #51514 is a reply to message #51509] Sun, 07 April 2019 21:25 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
In this case, it could be better to set a MemoryIgnoreLeaksBlock __; in the beginning of OnPaint().

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: plugin/zstd and plugin/zstd_legacy
Next Topic: Dark theme support changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:06:18 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01413 seconds