FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » Apple style menus
Apple style menus [message #51176] Sat, 16 February 2019 00:14 Go to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
I'm trying to implement SUBJ in my app, but I'm always getting a Help --> Search submenu, which I didn't ask for, and I do not need. My own Help --> About submenu doesn't work, I guess, because of this "Search" stuff.
You managed to disable this "Search" in TheIDE somehow, but I couldn't figure out how ... Smile
Could you please share your secret with me?

Regards,
Novo
Re: Apple style menus [message #51189 is a reply to message #51176] Tue, 19 February 2019 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 00:14
I'm trying to implement SUBJ in my app, but I'm always getting a Help --> Search submenu, which I didn't ask for, and I do not need. My own Help --> About submenu doesn't work, I guess, because of this "Search" stuff.
You managed to disable this "Search" in TheIDE somehow, but I couldn't figure out how ... Smile
Could you please share your secret with me?

Hard to say Smile

I believe that they are adding those unwanted items based on menu name. For starters, try to rename Help to something else...

Mirek
Re: Apple style menus [message #51193 is a reply to message #51189] Tue, 19 February 2019 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Tue, 19 February 2019 05:09
For starters, try to rename Help to something else...

Renaming "Help" to something else helps ... "Search" bar disappears and my own menu starts to work, although I'd prefer to have menu item named "Help"...
Another strange thing is that my first menu item "File" gets replaced with the application menu (submenu is mine).

Nothing like that happens to the TheIDE. And you do not seems to have any MacOS-specific code ... Smile
This is a little bit weird ...

Regards,
Novo
Re: Apple style menus [message #51194 is a reply to message #51193] Tue, 19 February 2019 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Tue, 19 February 2019 12:58
mirek wrote on Tue, 19 February 2019 05:09
For starters, try to rename Help to something else...

Renaming "Help" to something else helps ... "Search" bar disappears and my own menu starts to work, although I'd prefer to have menu item named "Help"...
Another strange thing is that my first menu item "File" gets replaced with the application menu (submenu is mine).

Nothing like that happens to the TheIDE. And you do not seems to have any MacOS-specific code ... Smile
This is a little bit weird ...

I believe that it really is just about names... In any case, any research here is most wanted... Smile

Mirek
Re: Apple style menus [message #51195 is a reply to message #51194] Tue, 19 February 2019 13:24 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Tue, 19 February 2019 07:09

I believe that it really is just about names... In any case, any research here is most wanted... Smile

It would be great to have extra-search capability. The problem is that the only one my own menu bar under "Help" (called "About ...") just doesn't work when I have the "Search" bar. This is a little bit inconvenient ... Otherwise I'm just fine with this extra "Search" bar ... Smile

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: LLDB showstopper
Next Topic: Problem with macOs compiling in Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:17:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00955 seconds