Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Please check the list of 2019.1 changes
Re: Please check the list of 2019.1 changes [message #51225 is a reply to message #51224] Sat, 23 February 2019 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 19:39
mirek wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 13:06

Hopefully fixed.

Checked latest git (CtrlCore: StateH(OPEN) fixes GridCtrl). The problem with GridCtrl is still there. Full rebuild.

Thanks for reporting... "Problem with GridCtrl" is pretty wide description....

Before above fix, there was nothing visible in reference/GridCtrlTest. Now this particular test seems to work fine on my PowerPook.

What are you symptoms?
Re: Please check the list of 2019.1 changes [message #51227 is a reply to message #51225] Sat, 23 February 2019 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Sat, 23 February 2019 01:55

Before above fix, there was nothing visible in reference/GridCtrlTest. Now this particular test seems to work fine on my PowerPook.

What are you symptoms?

Actually, GridCtrl works fine now. Thanks a lot!
The reason why I couldn't detect that first time is related to another problem with TheIDE Smile
TheIDE in Release configuration adds a suffix to the executable's name: GridCtrlTest-Wl,--gc-sections.
"-Wl,--gc-sections" is coming from the "Release link options".
I was launching the app via Debug --> Execute, and it was running a bare "GridCtrlTest", which was outdated.

I also have a question. You mentioned that you've fixed problems with gdb. I still cannot use any debugger with TheIDE.
My build configuration: CLANG, Compiler name: clang++, External debugger field is empty. I tried both lldb and gdb, none of them work (I'm getting the "Error while invoking gdb!" message). gdb is installed via "brew install gdb".
Is this supposed to be this way?

Regards,
Novo
Re: Please check the list of 2019.1 changes [message #51228 is a reply to message #51227] Sat, 23 February 2019 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Sat, 23 February 2019 13:14

I also have a question. You mentioned that you've fixed problems with gdb. I still cannot use any debugger with TheIDE.
My build configuration: CLANG, Compiler name: clang++, External debugger field is empty. I tried both lldb and gdb, none of them work (I'm getting the "Error while invoking gdb!" message). gdb is installed via "brew install gdb".
Is this supposed to be this way?

AFAIK gdb is broken by Mojave, lldb impossible to use this way.

After about a month trying to deal with this I decided that the most logical course of action is to claim that we support gdb only and wait until it is fixed...

Mirek
Re: Please check the list of 2019.1 changes [message #51237 is a reply to message #51170] Sun, 24 February 2019 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Wed, 13 February 2019 22:10
Docking doesn't work in MacOS X either.

MacOS related part hopefully fixed. There seem to be UHD problems as well, but that has to be fixed for all platforms.
Re: Please check the list of 2019.1 changes [message #51256 is a reply to message #51227] Mon, 25 February 2019 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
[quote title=Novo wrote on Sat, 23 February 2019 13:14]mirek wrote on Sat, 23 February 2019 01:55

TheIDE in Release configuration adds a suffix to the executable's name: GridCtrlTest-Wl,--gc-sections.
"-Wl,--gc-sections" is coming from the "Release link options".

This is now fixed, however --gc-sections are not supported by toolchain anyway, so I have removed it from default setup...

Mirek
Re: Please check the list of 2019.1 changes [message #51258 is a reply to message #51174] Mon, 25 February 2019 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 13:04
Yet another tiny but extremely annoying thing: Control + trackpad click isn't handled. That makes using of contextual menus practically impossible. One basically needs to use an external mouse with MacBook.

This is now supported.

Supporting this removes the possibility to bind anything to K_ALT+LeftClick, but I have decided that these are rare anyway... (probably such code would need #ifdef PLATFORM_COCOA section, maybe using K_OPTION for the same reason. Or I can do that by default?

Not 100% sure this is the right approach. Maybe we need some further review of the situation with Control / Option / Command. Right now fro keyboard, we map Command -> K_CTRL and Control -> K_ALT to Control. This is because common Win/Linux hotkeys like Ctrl+F for find are normally mapped to Command+F on Mac.

BTW, Win32 Ctrl+Tab in theide is mapped to Option+Tab on Mac, but that is just specific for theide (this is because the combo is unavailable).

Any input is welcome.

Mirek
Re: Please check the list of 2019.1 changes [message #51312 is a reply to message #51256] Tue, 05 March 2019 06:07 Go to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Mon, 25 February 2019 06:29

This is now fixed ...
Any input is welcome.

Thanks a lot!
I'm not a right person to recommend something when it comes to GUI although I spent nine years working for a commercial GUI project Smile

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: umk on Linux
Next Topic: DarkTheme support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:07:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01607 seconds