Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here!
The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51317] Tue, 05 March 2019 17:52 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
https://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2019%20MacOS% 20Alpha%20release/
Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51319 is a reply to message #51317] Tue, 05 March 2019 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
It still won't work with MacOS 10.13 Smile
It probably makes sense to create an installer.
productbuild --root path_to_the_folder_with_TheIDE /Applications TheIDE.pkg

Regards,
Novo
Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51320 is a reply to message #51319] Tue, 05 March 2019 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 19:04
It still won't work with MacOS 10.13 Smile

I am open to suggestions how to fix that... (except upgrading to 10.14 Wink

Quote:

It probably makes sense to create an installer.
productbuild --root path_to_the_folder_with_TheIDE /Applications TheIDE.pkg

path_to_the_folder_with_TheIDE - is that path to the theide.app?

Mirek
Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51322 is a reply to message #51320] Tue, 05 March 2019 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 13:17
path_to_the_folder_with_TheIDE - is that path to the theide.app?

Yes, it is.
Actually, "--root" should be replaced with "--component", but in my case productbuild is complaining that "The component at "XXX" is not a bundle.". Using "--root" solves the problem.

Regards,
Novo
Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51324 is a reply to message #51320] Wed, 06 March 2019 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 13:17
I am open to suggestions how to fix that... (except upgrading to 10.14 Wink

According to this:
LSMinimumSystemVersion (String - macOS) indicates the minimum version of macOS required for this app to run. This string must be of the form n.n.n where n is a number.

You are setting it to 10.13.
A third number is missing.
I couldn't fix the problem by fixing LSMinimumSystemVersion manually.

And according to this:
The availability macros defined in /usr/include/AvailabilityMacros.h add weak linking information to system interfaces based on the versions of OS X your project supports. When you create a new project, you tell the compiler which versions of OS X your project supports by setting the deployment target and target SDK in Xcode. The compiler uses these settings to assign appropriate values to the MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED and MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED macros, respectively. For information on how to modify these settings in Xcode, see "Setting Up Cross-Development in Xcode" in SDK Compatibility Guide or the Xcode help.

I guess MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED should be defined by UPP.

Regards,
Novo
Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51370 is a reply to message #51324] Sat, 16 March 2019 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
There were weird compilation issues when defining that macro.

Instead, I have found that xcode adds -mmacosx-version-min=10.13 compiler option, so we do add that too (in build method).

Please test: https://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2019%20MacOS% 20Alpha%200.1/
Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51371 is a reply to message #51370] Sat, 16 March 2019 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Is it related to this bug - https://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/1941?

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51383 is a reply to message #51370] Sun, 17 March 2019 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Sat, 16 March 2019 10:19
There were weird compilation issues when defining that macro.

Instead, I have found that xcode adds -mmacosx-version-min=10.13 compiler option, so we do add that too (in build method).

Please test: https://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2019%20MacOS% 20Alpha%200.1/

It still doesn't work for me.
I'm able to launch it via command line from /Applications/theide.app/Contents/MacOS/
I suspect that this is some kind of information caching by MacOS. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any theide-related files in usual caching locations. Theoretically, there should be theide.plist cached somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
This problem still remains a mystery ...

P.S. Caching doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm getting the same result no matter which location I install theide to. Finder for some reason shows me theide as incompatible app all the time. This is weird.

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Sun, 17 March 2019 12:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The very first attempt at U++ MacOS (alpha) release is here! [message #51387 is a reply to message #51383] Mon, 18 March 2019 11:32 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I have just installed the alpha version of TheIDE and find following problems:
- The uppsrc, examples, references & tutorials are not visible after installation to the User application directory (/Users/rebaczz/Applications). The problem is that TheIDE is looking in the wrong path (/Users/rebaczz/upp/uppsrc), but the true localization of uppsrc is (/Users/rebaczz/Applications/TheIDE.app/Contents/SharedSuppo rt/uppsrc). After changing the path uppsrc is detected correctly.
- theide package name should be TheIDE (looks better in the application list and launchpad)

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2019 19:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Win32 U++ now ships with SDL2, SDLSoundDemo example
Next Topic: C++ 17 now supported
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:12:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01553 seconds