Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » msys2 no mirrors
msys2 no mirrors [message #51374] Sun, 17 March 2019 04:13 Go to next message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

Hi all-

I know there is support for MinGW. What are ya'll using for mirrors? I asked around and it is like a ghost town. All i hear are crickets. I keep getting timed out messages. Do you have this problem when you want to update MinGW? I installed msys2 tonight and there is no way to update.

I wanted to use cmake to build SOCI 4.0. I know that is a different project but I am just playing with it. I tried to build the libs and bin with cygwin and the cmake-gui for cygwin doesn't work. I can't verify the download at cmake site either. They give an .asc file but I don't see how to verify it on their site. I tried it out but I don't agree with the long key they list.

I thought I'd try MinGW separate from cygwin to build the soci stuff but after installing MinGW don't know where to get the latest. I am trying to be open minded about MinGW because the creator of SOCI said no one tests soci with Cygwin.

I like U++ but try to use Tcl/Tk and load C++ DLLs instead of doing U++ framework. I had some luck recently. I was able to use freewrap to build an exe and load a SWIG DLL from within the compressed file system. You don't need to have TCL installed to run it.

Anywho... If you know of a cool mirror please let me know. I am thinking of the other MinGW if I can't find a mirror. I think it is called TDM. What are your thoughts is TDM cool with mirrors or am I just not looking in the right place.

thnx roboloki
Re: msys2 no mirrors [message #51375 is a reply to message #51374] Sun, 17 March 2019 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Hi all-

New update. Finally the updating started to work on the mirrors that I had. It updated and avast didn't like the file gpg.agent.exe From reading the other post in the avast forum my install is ruined. I think it is a false positive. I could try and reinstall and set avast to ask before automatically quarantine.

The user in the form said 'corrupted signing database'.

oh well...

thx.
Re: msys2 no mirrors [message #51376 is a reply to message #51374] Sun, 17 March 2019 07:53 Go to previous message
Experienced Member

Hi-

I decided to go shopping. I installed webroot and everything seems okay with MinGW.

I still like AVG and have a license but will give webroot a try for now.

I will fix it so it can run in a mixed environment tomorrow. Need to get some sleep.

I hope to install theide soon.

thnx.-
roboloki
Previous Topic: Building Upp in Solaris 11.4 (x86)
Next Topic: "canberra-gtk-module"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:43:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01410 seconds