FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » Problem with macOs compiling in Linux
Problem with macOs compiling in Linux [message #51367] Sat, 16 March 2019 08:37 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

I never thought to send a post to a MacOS forum Smile

When compiling a GUI application (Examples/Clock) from Ubuntu Linux, I get this error:

index.php?t=getfile&id=5784&private=0

Who said that the MacMenu was good Wink
  • Attachment: Captura.JPG
    (Size: 27.01KB, Downloaded 377 times)

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Sat, 16 March 2019 11:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with MaxOs compiling in Linux [message #51368 is a reply to message #51367] Sat, 16 March 2019 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It seems that you have updated your sources, but without updating TheIDE. You TheIDE can not ignore .mm file, so it leads to compilation problem. The simplest solution to fix that problem is to download nightly tarball build and recompile and reinstall TheIDE. Then the compilation problem should gone.

I am not sure we can handle this with more gentle way like. Anyway, sorry for difficulties Wink

I like the mistake you made in the title and called macOS - MaxOS Wink Now, the title is correct.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 March 2019 11:59]

Re: Problem with MacOs compiling in Linux [message #51385 is a reply to message #51368] Sun, 17 March 2019 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Thank you Klugier

It has been so easy, I did not remember it. Just running a "make" from inside downloaded folder with U++ sources, and all is done!
Problem solved.

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Sun, 17 March 2019 14:44]

Re: Problem with MacOs compiling in Linux [message #51390 is a reply to message #51385] Mon, 18 March 2019 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

sorry for asking silly question Embarassed , but I have not understood the title of this post.

Is it possible to compile in a linux machine a program targeted for a MacOS machine?
If it is possible would be great. At moment there is some package I am not able to compile in MacOS.

Thanks,
Luigi
Re: Problem with MacOs compiling in Linux [message #51392 is a reply to message #51390] Tue, 19 March 2019 12:53 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Luigi,

The thread is called this way, because the macOS version of TheIDE caused regression in Linux code. GCC can not deal with .mm files (C++ mixed with Objective-C in one file).

It is not possible to target macOS from your Linux machine. The reason for that is easy - missing libraries and missing compiler support. Technically it is possible, but very unlikely to happens due to Apple licensing policy. Please notice that you can not even install macOS virtual machine inside virtual box on system others than macOS. Even if it is the same architecture as you current computer.

Backing to non working packages on macOS, I noticed that you raised issue with plugin/ftp. Please noticed that our macOS implementation of U++ is in alpha stage. It means that some things might not work, yet. You can always try to fix that issues by your own.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Previous Topic: Apple style menus
Next Topic: Conditional compiling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:38:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03626 seconds