Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Linking on OpenIndiana (Linking on OpenIndiana)
Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54453] Fri, 24 July 2020 13:57 Go to next message
gh_origin is currently offline  gh_origin
Promising Member
Does this issue fixed?

https://github.com/ultimatepp/ultimatepp/issues/18

Please let me know if there is any works on it. I currently can't test it on my OI installation. There is a bug that prevented me from update my system and installing the necessary toolchain:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/12964
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54454 is a reply to message #54453] Fri, 24 July 2020 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolman is currently offline  coolman
Experienced Member
Hi,

I tested IDE build with provided VirtualBox image of OpenIndiana. I was able to build the IDE but there were some problems:

1. I used upp_cmake script to generate CMake project files. Problem was with SOLARIS flag. This flag is not properly set in all UPP packages. So I had to set CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME to Linux in the main CmakeLists.txt file "set (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)" to built the IDE.

2. After that another problem appeared - link failed due to missing link library "socket". This can be fixed with latest version of upp_cmake which contains new optional configuration parameters PROJECT_EXTRA_LINK_FLAGS to add another library to the project. Or update proper UPP package definition to link socket library when OS is SOLARIS (see next point)

3. Another problem was with libraries order for OpenSSL linking. You have to change file uppsrc/Core/SSL/SSL.upp and set library section to "ssl crypto"

4. Last problem with the IDE build was in uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm. I hade to comment out "#include <stdlib.h>" in these files: uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm/lib/nasmlib.c, uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm/lib/snprintf.c and uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm/lib/sync.c

The IDE was built successfully with all these changes. But this workaround works only for the IDE.

This is not solving your problem but it can help you to move forward. You must solve main problem which is described in point 1 - SOLARIS flag is not properly set in all UPP packages. And if you need fully functional build of other UPP projects/packages under SOLARIS OS you have to update all affected UPP packages.

And I'm a little worried that there won't be anyone here who would officially take care of the proper support of the OpenIndiana system, if you're the only one I know of yet. But I may be wrong.

BR, Radek
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54461 is a reply to message #54454] Sat, 25 July 2020 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It seems that we need to handle OpenIndiana as Solaris in our linking matrix and it should work. It will probably require some work in Core/config.h (link). Can you check that "__sun" is defined by OpenIndiana?

Of course firstly we need to fix platform detection process in the makefile. For more information please visit https://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=5 4456&#msg_54456.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 July 2020 20:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54485 is a reply to message #54461] Wed, 29 July 2020 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

I've prepared basic SunOS support for the IDE build. Take a look at attached patch.

BR, Radek
  • Attachment: SunOS.patch
    (Size: 5.46KB, Downloaded 140 times)
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54486 is a reply to message #54485] Wed, 29 July 2020 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

I found problem with IDE building on OpenIndiana so next patch must be applied too.

BR, Radek
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54487 is a reply to message #54486] Wed, 29 July 2020 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi gh_origin,

I've updated my fork of Ultimatepp with proposed patches so if you are interested in to test the different approach of IDE building (or another UPP package building) you can do that using the following commands. This approach should be working on different OS too.
git clone https://github.com/CoolmanCZ/ultimatepp.git
cd ultimatepp
./bootstrap
./GenerateCMakeFiles.sh
mkdir build.ide && cd build.ide && cmake .. && make -j 4

BR, Radek
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54500 is a reply to message #54485] Mon, 03 August 2020 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
coolman wrote on Wed, 29 July 2020 17:51
Hi,

I've prepared basic SunOS support for the IDE build. Take a look at attached patch.

BR, Radek

Do we really need PLATFORM_SUNOS? I think PLATFORM_SOLARIS is enough. If there are differences, just make it work for OpenIndiana...
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54502 is a reply to message #54454] Mon, 03 August 2020 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
coolman wrote on Fri, 24 July 2020 15:30
Hi,

I tested IDE build with provided VirtualBox image of OpenIndiana. I was able to build the IDE but there were some problems:

Ouch, before I got to downloading it, it disappeared. Would it be possible to upload it somewhere and give me a link?
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54503 is a reply to message #54502] Mon, 03 August 2020 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 17:02
Hi,

Ouch, before I got to downloading it, it disappeared. Would it be possible to upload it somewhere and give me a link?

Hi,

Fortunately I still have the archive of OpenIndiana provided by gh_origin. The question is where should I upload them?

BR, Radek
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54504 is a reply to message #54503] Mon, 03 August 2020 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
coolman wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 18:29
Hi,

Hi,

Fortunately I still have the archive of OpenIndiana provided by gh_origin. The question is where should I upload them?

BR, Radek

How big is it? Generaly anywhere I can download it from...
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54505 is a reply to message #54500] Mon, 03 August 2020 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 17:01
coolman wrote on Wed, 29 July 2020 17:51
Hi,

BR, Radek

Do we really need PLATFORM_SUNOS? I think PLATFORM_SOLARIS is enough. If there are differences, just make it work for OpenIndiana...

Hi,

You are right, we dont need another flag. My mistake.

BR, Radek

Edit: And changes related to the ndisam plugin are also not necessary.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 August 2020 20:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54506 is a reply to message #54504] Mon, 03 August 2020 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 18:39
Hi,

Hi,

BR, Radek

Hmm, it is about 4,6 GB.
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54507 is a reply to message #54506] Tue, 04 August 2020 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
coolman wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 18:42
mirek wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 18:39
Hi,

Hi,

BR, Radek

Hmm, it is about 4,6 GB.

The files will be available at https://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/BB7PATMT94J5ENW8-PK9/ until 18.08.2020
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54512 is a reply to message #54453] Thu, 06 August 2020 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, so I have it basically working as well and getting ready to support it in install process.

The one problem remaining is with automated dependency installation of install script:

pkg install bash gmake gtk3 libnotify clang-devel

(above is created for freebsd, where it works)

openindiana is unable to install gtk3 and clang-devel here.

How should this be fixed to support it?

Mirek
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54518 is a reply to message #54512] Thu, 06 August 2020 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
mirek wrote on Thu, 06 August 2020 10:22

pkg install bash gmake gtk3 libnotify clang-devel

It looks like this is the answer:

pkg install bash gtk3 libnotify developer/clang-80 gnu-make
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54519 is a reply to message #54453] Thu, 06 August 2020 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gh_origin is currently offline  gh_origin
Promising Member
On OpenIndiana, gtk3 is already available (it's using MATE, a gtk3 based DE). You should replace clang-devel with build-essential. The default compiler on OpenIndiana is GCC7, it's included in build-essential. OI also uses bash as it default shell, so you do not need to install it. gmake is included in build-essential (as I recal).

So the command should be:

pkg install build-essential libnotify

As I recall, libnotify is already available, too. But I'm not sure, so just keep it there.

If you want clang, you can query the package name with pkg search -rp clang and choose the version you want to install, there are clang 8 and clang 9 (as I recall). You can install newer GCC version, too. Just query the package name with pkg search -rp gcc to know the exact package name.
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54530 is a reply to message #54519] Fri, 07 August 2020 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thanks.

One little annoying thing is that if all packages are already installed and pkg takes no action, it returns exit code 4 and install script reports problem. Any chance to fix that without introducing some mechanism of "allowed exit code" into install script? Like some pkg commandline option?

Other issue is that while testing our examples, there seems to be some issue with socket implementation; in OpenIndiand I am getting some socket transport endpoint errors; it works fine on other platforms. Does that ring some bells?
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54531 is a reply to message #54530] Fri, 07 August 2020 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
In 'parallel' develeopment (to ./install script and install tarball), in source tree there is now ./configure script that should 'fix' the makefile to work in opensolaris (fixes for BSDs coming... - actually the most work there is to install these in virtualbox...)

Mirek
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54533 is a reply to message #54531] Fri, 07 August 2020 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Usually, all opensource OS are available preinstalled in VM. You just need to download an image.
IMHO, Vagrant is a starting point.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54535 is a reply to message #54533] Sat, 08 August 2020 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Fri, 07 August 2020 22:48
Usually, all opensource OS are available preinstalled in VM. You just need to download an image.

I have the feeling that there must be a library of preinstalled virtualbox images somewhere. I just fail to find it... Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: Linking error on OpenBSD
Next Topic: How does UPP classify keys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:00:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03016 seconds