FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Custom build configuration per package
Custom build configuration per package [message #54631] Sun, 23 August 2020 23:30 Go to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
I'm using bazaar/Assimp. When I launch my program in debug mode, my application became incredible slowly to debug because of assimp (it run fast when compiled in release) That's why I'm wondering if there is any way to compile the assimp package in release mode (even when I'm in debug) ?
Re: Custom build configuration per package [message #54632 is a reply to message #54631] Sun, 23 August 2020 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Xemuth,

All you need to do is add debug symbol to the release build. Example below:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6167&private=0

You should be even configure it per package if you want to. All you need to do is stay with "None" debug info level for release mode and specify debug symbols for package your are interested in.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 August 2020 00:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom build configuration per package [message #54633 is a reply to message #54632] Mon, 24 August 2020 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Klugier, Thanks but it don't fix my problem, Maybe assimp is faster in release mode because of Optimisation.
Re: Custom build configuration per package [message #54654 is a reply to message #54631] Thu, 27 August 2020 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently online  mirek
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Sun, 23 August 2020 23:30
I'm using bazaar/Assimp. When I launch my program in debug mode, my application became incredible slowly to debug because of assimp (it run fast when compiled in release) That's why I'm wondering if there is any way to compile the assimp package in release mode (even when I'm in debug) ?

Actually, I feel your problem - I am thinking about how to allow such "mixed mode" for some time now. Unfortunately have not found an easy solution yet.

Mirek
Re: Custom build configuration per package [message #54655 is a reply to message #54654] Thu, 27 August 2020 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek wrote on Thu, 27 August 2020 10:37

Actually, I feel your problem - I am thinking about how to allow such "mixed mode" for some time now. Unfortunately have not found an easy solution yet.
Mirek

Hello Mirek,
Maybe my naive point of view make my intervention inappropriate but since TheIDE already have way to configure for each package the debug info level, maybe it could be easier to also implement a "custom Release option / fixed flags / release link options for each package" ? ( maybe I'm completely wrong and there is nothing to do with the configuration of debug info level)
Re: Custom build configuration per package [message #54662 is a reply to message #54655] Sat, 29 August 2020 17:28 Go to previous message
mirek is currently online  mirek
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Thu, 27 August 2020 13:18
mirek wrote on Thu, 27 August 2020 10:37

Mirek

Hello Mirek,
Maybe my naive point of view make my intervention inappropriate but since TheIDE already have way to configure for each package the debug info level, maybe it could be easier to also implement a "custom Release option / fixed flags / release link options for each package" ? ( maybe I'm completely wrong and there is nothing to do with the configuration of debug info level)

That is definitely possible. I somehow wanted something more sophisticated, but I guess this simple method should be enough.

Mirek
Previous Topic: error: duplicate symbol: std::__throw_bad_alloc()
Next Topic: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:43:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01739 seconds