Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp....
Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp.... [message #54693] Tue, 01 September 2020 15:29 Go to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
When I try to compile TheIDE with latest source using CLANG or MSVS I always face the same error (FLAGS: GUI BM: CLANGx64 Release OS: W10) :

https://i.imgur.com/s1vvsmk.png

Googling this ndisasm.a don't help at all. That's why I wonder if anyone here can help me ?
Re: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp.... [message #54696 is a reply to message #54693] Tue, 01 September 2020 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Tue, 01 September 2020 15:29
When I try to compile TheIDE with latest source using CLANG or MSVS I always face the same error (FLAGS: GUI BM: CLANGx64 Release OS: W10) :

https://i.imgur.com/s1vvsmk.png

Googling this ndisasm.a don't help at all. That's why I wonder if anyone here can help me ?

I have tested to compile the trunk right now, it was fine...
Re: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp.... [message #54697 is a reply to message #54696] Wed, 02 September 2020 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
I can confirm this. Clang-mingw.
Linking...
lld-link: error: duplicate symbol: imaxabs
>>> defined at /home/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mingw-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/plugin/ndisasm/CLANG.Blitz.Gui.Win32/ndisupp.o
>>> defined at /home/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mingw-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/plugin/ndisasm/CLANG.Blitz.Gui.Win32/disasm.o
lld-link: error: duplicate symbol: imaxabs
>>> defined at /home/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mingw-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/plugin/ndisasm/CLANG.Blitz.Gui.Win32/ndisupp.o
>>> defined at /home/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mingw-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/plugin/ndisasm/CLANG.Blitz.Gui.Win32/disp8.o
lld-link: error: duplicate symbol: strncasecmp
>>> defined at /home/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mingw-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/plugin/ndisasm/CLANG.Blitz.Gui.Win32/disasm.o
>>> defined at /home/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mingw-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/plugin/ndisasm/CLANG.Blitz.Gui.Win32/disp8.o
lld-link: error: duplicate symbol: strcasecmp
>>> defined at /home/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mi

The problem was introduced on August 29, 2020.
plugin/ndisasm: updated to 2.12.02 (thanks coolman)
git-svn-id: svn://ultimatepp.org/upp/trunk@14932 f0d560ea-af0d-0410-9eb7-867de7ffcac7

Regards,
Novo
Re: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp.... [message #54703 is a reply to message #54697] Wed, 02 September 2020 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
That is really weird. There even is no "imaxabs" string in ndisasm sources....

Have you tried "rebuild all"?

Mirek

Re: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp.... [message #54704 is a reply to message #54703] Wed, 02 September 2020 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, sorry, reproduced. It only fails in release mode, debug compiles fine...

Mirek
Re: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp.... [message #54705 is a reply to message #54704] Wed, 02 September 2020 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Hopefully fixed. Such idiocy, this was in "ndisasm/compiler.h" header:

# ifndef inline
#  define inline
# endif

Now guess what happens if you do this and then include some headers with inlines.... In debug the effect was hidden by BLITZ, that is why I have missed this...
Re: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp.... [message #54711 is a reply to message #54705] Wed, 02 September 2020 14:38 Go to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
What could be the purpose of removing inline keyword ? Shocked

Well the problem is fix, thanks !
Previous Topic: Custom build configuration per package
Next Topic: C# - dotNet conversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:14:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01398 seconds