Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Translate selected area of screen. (Translate selected area of screen.)
Translate selected area of screen. [message #55453] Thu, 12 November 2020 16:15 Go to next message
lovmy is currently offline  lovmy

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to code a program capable, from a selection of an area on a screen (even if we select an area in a video game window), of translating the text in real time into another language. Like Google's Android translation app that translates what is being filmed by the phone live. Do you think this is possible? You would need a program that allows you to constantly select an area, and which does a character recognition, then calls a translation web-service, and writes the translated text in its window.
  • Attachment: translate.png
    (Size: 477.72KB, Downloaded 139 times)
Re: Translate selected area of screen. [message #55459 is a reply to message #55453] Fri, 13 November 2020 00:54 Go to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello lovmy, since you can ask windows to retrieve your screen at any time as an image, I guess you just have to code some text recognition (not an easy think to do Razz) then by calling a web service you can get the translation yes ! but you wont be able to print it in place of original text. I mean, it depend of the target you are getting the text, if it's a web browser then it should be possible to replace the HTML code if you navigator support a kind of OLE / COM but for a game... the game must provide you a way to hot change the text (I have never encouters this). maybe I'm wrong
Previous Topic: What Q means in QTF shortcut?
Next Topic: Looking for a name for U++ distributed ecosystem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:18:26 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02609 seconds