Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE) (Helpful resource for all new U++ users)
Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE) [message #55490] Sun, 15 November 2020 12:52 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to share with you that Layout Designer has been documented. It should help new users get familiar with this outstanding tool. As always I would be grateful for feedback.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 November 2020 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE) [message #55491 is a reply to message #55490] Sun, 15 November 2020 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello Klugier,

It cover most used Layout designer functions so in my opinion having it documentated can only be a good thing !
However I have some questions not related to the documentation but more about the Layout designer :

https://i.imgur.com/2NYKo3P.png Both button are for move up/Down a widget in the widget list, what's the purpose of having a widget higher than another ? Is it only related to overlapping/depth of widget (the first on liste is the first draw so it can be hide by last on the list if draw at the same point) ?

https://i.imgur.com/cNtqcNE.pngThis button is for ignoring min size, what's the point of ignoring min size for a widget ? is it to hide it by setting is size to 0 ?

https://i.imgur.com/sWq0dpp.png On most widget, we found this two button named 'Ctx' and 'Id' they are always related to 'Set Label' or 'Tip', what's their utilities ? (for thoses who dont know 'Tip' is used to set a quick tip/description on button : https://i.imgur.com/7wXH7jA.png)
Re: Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE) [message #55494 is a reply to message #55490] Sun, 15 November 2020 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Sun, 15 November 2020 12:52
Hello,

I would like to share with you that Layout Designer has been documented. It should help new users get familiar with this outstanding tool. As always I would be grateful for feedback.

Klugier

Why are so many toolbar buttons missing? Smile

Mirek
Re: Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE) [message #55496 is a reply to message #55494] Sun, 15 November 2020 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Xemuth,

I added to the documentation all question you had asked in your post. Please see tomorrows version of the documentation and please let me know your opinion about this. I think these three questions will help new users be more familiar with the tool.

The only thing that is not documented at the moment is Ctx/Id. Ctx is translation context - if you have two the same strings it can be translated differently depending on the situation. More about it you can read here. Mire, could you tell us what is the purpose of Id. On the site I mentioned it is not clear.

Mirek, I just committed the initial version Smile The current should be much more improved - probably not all options are described, but most of it.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 November 2020 00:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE) [message #55499 is a reply to message #55496] Mon, 16 November 2020 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Klugier wrote on Sun, 15 November 2020 23:56
Hello Xemuth,

I added to the documentation all question you had asked in your post. Please see tomorrows version of the documentation and please let me know your opinion about this. I think these three questions will help new users be more familiar with the tool.

Hello Klugier, Thanks for awnsering question it's mutch more clear !
Re: Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE) [message #55500 is a reply to message #55499] Mon, 16 November 2020 19:13 Go to previous message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Well done,

Will be apreciated by beginners
Previous Topic: New GUI tutorial section related to internationalisation (i18n)
Next Topic: Some Shocking Facts You Probably Didn't Want to Know about U++ Framework...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:56:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01054 seconds