Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Help regression and possible improvements in the latest builds
Help regression and possible improvements in the latest builds [message #55662] Sat, 28 November 2020 20:08
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to start discussion about current regression in TheIDE help (embedded and windowed) and improvements we could make.

The first problem is related to navigation. When you click on tree help entry then the topic will be displayed, but the cursor on tree doesn't move. It will be moved after the second click to the topic selected in the first click! Also the clicking on the tree do not add entry to the history stack.

I think the idea of adding "Go forward" and "Go back" in embedded help is not optimal. First we duplicate shortcuts with global TheIDe function that do exactly the same. If we would like to support it I suggest to remove it from help and integrate with TheIDE global forward/back stack. This will be much more natural and you will be able to back from help after for example clicking on blue documentation rectangle. For the standalone mode (windowed) it should stay as it is now, so help window should have "Go forward" and "Go back" entry.

I just noticed that history entry is not generated when you select entry on the first page "TheIDE help". Mirek did you test it with tab mode I think the history stack for code navigation is also broken, but it might not reproduce when "File Tabs" (Editor) option is set to "Off".

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2020 20:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: [QUESTION]Is it possible to do internal include depending on Operating system or Flag we use/provide
Next Topic: IDE build using gcc failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:35:21 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05702 seconds