Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » CodeEditor double click for break point is not comfortable
CodeEditor double click for break point is not comfortable [message #56145] Sun, 31 January 2021 22:12
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to start the discussion how we can improve adding/removing break-point experience with TheIDE (mouse). The double click in the long term is not very comfortable. Besides the placing break-point it also change the actual cursor position inside editor, which is unwanted side effect.

For me it should be pure left click experience like in other ides. Also, the break-point should be rendered separately to the blue rectangle that informs that the line was recently changed. So, maybe single clicking in the breakpoints area should be sufficient. I created prototype that displays pre activated break-point to inform user that break-point can be set here. If ho hoover over the break-point the cursor should change to hand and he should be able to activate breakpoint with single click. Here is the prototype:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6367&private=0

I know that Mirek probably doesn't care - he is probably all the time uses F9, however clickers should care Smile Also Mirek, please think about replacing current breakpoint icon from stop icon from silk. IMHO, Looks better and more consistent with other icons.

Sources:
- https://blog.codinghorror.com/double-click-must-die/

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 31 January 2021 22:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: CodeEditor::IndentSpace does not work as expected in MacOS
Next Topic: Virtual function marked 'override'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:57:29 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03351 seconds