Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » GuiLock and GuiUnlock objects are of different type.
GuiLock and GuiUnlock objects are of different type. [message #56195] Sun, 07 February 2021 17:49 Go to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi,

GuiLock is defined as a struct, and GuiUnlock as a class. I think the source code should be consistent.

My recommendation:
class GuiLock { // <--- changed struct to class
public:         // <--- added.
        GuiLock()  { EnterGuiMutex(); }
        ~GuiLock() { LeaveGuiMutex(); }
};

class GuiUnlock {
	int n;

public:
	GuiUnlock()  { n = LeaveGuiMutexAll(); }
	~GuiUnlock() { EnterGuiMutex(n); }
};

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: GuiLock and GuiUnlock objects are of different type. [message #56196 is a reply to message #56195] Sun, 07 February 2021 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Oblivion wrote on Sun, 07 February 2021 17:49
Hi,

GuiLock is defined as a struct, and GuiUnlock as a class. I think the source code should be consistent.

My recommendation:
class GuiLock { // <--- changed struct to class
public:         // <--- added.
        GuiLock()  { EnterGuiMutex(); }
        ~GuiLock() { LeaveGuiMutex(); }
};

class GuiUnlock {
	int n;

public:
	GuiUnlock()  { n = LeaveGuiMutexAll(); }
	~GuiUnlock() { EnterGuiMutex(n); }
};

Best regards,
Oblivion

IDK. I am using struct in almost all cases where either all members are naturally public or I do not care about hiding by private (which is 99% of time in end applications). Is that wrong? For me the difference between struct and class is the default access, nothing else...

Re: GuiLock and GuiUnlock objects are of different type. [message #56197 is a reply to message #56196] Sun, 07 February 2021 18:02 Go to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

IDK. I am using struct in almost all cases where either all members are naturally public or I do not care about hiding by private (which is 99% of time in end applications). Is that wrong? For me the difference between struct and class is the default access, nothing else...

Effectively, nothing is wrong there, it is solely about access type, of course. As I noted, it is just for the sake of some consistency in source code. And source code parsers (intellisense, et.c) may categorize them differently. It "may" impair the visiblity of the "lock pair".

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Sun, 07 February 2021 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Urr Data not properly returned in our case
Next Topic: How to Sync computer Time in a network?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:35:49 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02363 seconds