Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Help to setup U++ on vs code. (Help to setup U++ on vs code.)
Help to setup U++ on vs code. [message #56224] Thu, 11 February 2021 07:55 Go to next message
jeffinpqsim is currently offline  jeffinpqsim
Hello, someone here have tried upp in vs code with make, gcc, etc?
I am tying but without success...

G++ generate hundreds of errors from upp source.

I've tried to compile the core library on theide first and later use the library on vs code (but the errors persist!)

I think a big problem is because the include files has alot of implementation and inlines.
wich the compiler are trying to compile and these are generating hundreds of of errors.

if the include files (*.h) was used only for definitions, they will not generate that much errors because my projects it will only link with the actual precompiled library.

One detail is that compiling with gcc works inside theide, but i don't know how because theide doen't have a good log of the building steps.

if someone could help me, sharing me one makefile sample, build steps, configs, etc... I would appreciate.

Thank u very much in advance.
Re: Help to setup U++ on vs code. [message #56228 is a reply to message #56224] Thu, 11 February 2021 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Yes, I managed to build something with visual studio using the new feature to generate library.

https://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=112 72&start=0&

The effort stalled sort of. I guess the problem is that long term users are happy with TheIDE and do not need VS Studio (or Code), while non-users who could help there are not interested in U++ because it does not work in VS Code.... Smile

Anyway, technically, it is already possible.

Mirek
Re: Help to setup U++ on vs code. [message #56229 is a reply to message #56224] Thu, 11 February 2021 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jeffinpqsim wrote on Thu, 11 February 2021 07:55

One detail is that compiling with gcc works inside theide, but i don't know how because theide doen't have a good log of the building steps.

But it does. Activate Setup / Be verbose.

Mirek
Re: Help to setup U++ on vs code. [message #56247 is a reply to message #56224] Sat, 13 February 2021 19:04 Go to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
jeffinpqsim wrote on Thu, 11 February 2021 01:55
Hello, someone here have tried upp in vs code with make, gcc, etc?
I am tying but without success...

Try to use VIM + umk instead ... This combination works just fine for me.
umk is an abbreviation for "U++ Make".

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: Patch to fix few possible issues
Next Topic: build with clang-mingw on Linux is broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:00:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04684 seconds