Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub
Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56226] Thu, 11 February 2021 19:52 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Koldon,

I just noticed that Mirek to speed up the development of UppHub move some or your crucial packages into ultimatepp organization. Sometimes ago, we agree that only core packages should be placed there. So, in the long term it should be move under personal umbrella. Could you move these packages in your spare time and create PR with updated link to UppHub repository.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6373&private=0

Klugier
  • Attachment: UppGitHub.png
    (Size: 41.45KB, Downloaded 402 times)

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56227 is a reply to message #56226] Thu, 11 February 2021 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Note: No need to create PR, maintainers of list will be happy to fix that for you. But moving them, eventually (no pressure) might be good.

Or not, we can discuss this. I have to say I am not sure what is the best approach in this case...
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56234 is a reply to message #56226] Fri, 12 February 2021 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Klugier wrote on Thu, 11 February 2021 19:52
Hello Koldon,

I just noticed that Mirek to speed up the development of UppHub move some or your crucial packages into ultimatepp organization. Sometimes ago, we agree that only core packages should be placed there. So, in the long term it should be move under personal umbrella. Could you move these packages in your spare time and create PR with updated link to UppHub repository.

Klugier

Hi Klugier.

You should address this to Mirek, not to me.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56235 is a reply to message #56234] Fri, 12 February 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
koldo wrote on Fri, 12 February 2021 12:03
Hello Koldon,

Klugier

Hi Klugier.

Well, it is not that easy: I cannot create repository under you personal account in github.

But you CAN move the modules I have created to your personal account (there is web interface in github to do so) if we/you decide it is desirable.

Mirek
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56238 is a reply to message #56235] Fri, 12 February 2021 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
mirek wrote on Fri, 12 February 2021 14:26
koldo wrote on Fri, 12 February 2021 12:03
Hello Koldon,

Klugier

Hi Klugier.

Well, it is not that easy: I cannot create repository under you personal account in github.

But you CAN move the modules I have created to your personal account (there is web interface in github to do so) if we/you decide it is desirable.

Mirek

It is not appropriate to use capital letters to tell me to do something that you told me two days ago you were going to do for me.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56239 is a reply to message #56238] Fri, 12 February 2021 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Koldo,

Let's speak on Skype. I send invitation to you Smile The whole movement process to UppHub is relatively easy (under personal account). I think Mirek had good intentions to do the move. As far as I understand we would like to cut off whole bazaar soon. I think it is no longer present in the nightly builds, so UppHub is the only option.

I would like to tell that you shouldn't commit to bazaar packages like Control4U and Function4U anymore. This is leading in two concurrent repositories.

Klugier

Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56262 is a reply to message #56239] Mon, 15 February 2021 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Actually we are receiving reports of Bazaar packages failing.
Please take the actions without breaking actual code.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56264 is a reply to message #56262] Mon, 15 February 2021 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
koldo wrote on Mon, 15 February 2021 08:15
Actually we are receiving reports of Bazaar packages failing.
Please take the actions without breaking actual code.

can you be more specific please? do you mean originally bazaar packages downloaded through upphub?

are reports in this forum or who is reporting?

mirek
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56286 is a reply to message #56264] Wed, 17 February 2021 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Quote:

can you be more specific please? do you mean originally bazaar packages downloaded through upphub?

are reports in this forum or who is reporting?

mirek

Hi all,
I have reported that Control4U downloaded from uppHub does no longer contain PolyXml.h file and therefore breaks my old code.

See https:// www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=11403&s tart=0&

Koldo suggested to get the svn version of Control4U to solve my problem

Thank you for advice
Biobytes
Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56287 is a reply to message #56286] Wed, 17 February 2021 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello BioBytes,

Consider all Koldo's package right now as unstable. We are working on movement them to separate organization called Libraries4U. I think the whole process will start on the upcoming weekend. After that each separate package should be available as UppHub entity.

Right now, if you would like to use nightly (unstable) build you should use svn version of bazaar. It is still there. You could also back to stable release that contains bazzar. However, Koldo's hot fixes are not present.

I would like to sorry for this transition period, but it must happened.

Klugier

[Updated on: Wed, 17 February 2021 11:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56291 is a reply to message #56287] Wed, 17 February 2021 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Quote:

Right now, if you would like to use nightly (unstable) build you should use svn version of bazaar. It is still there.

Hello Klugier,
Many thanks for explanation about Bazaar packages. I think the good way is to wait for the updating of uppHub next week. Just a question about the svn source, may I get it directly from github or is there something else to do ? Confused

Regards
Biobytes

[Updated on: Wed, 17 February 2021 21:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Non core packages shouldn't be under ultimatepp umbrella organization on GitHub [message #56296 is a reply to message #56291] Thu, 18 February 2021 13:58 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Wed, 17 February 2021 20:25
Quote:

Right now, if you would like to use nightly (unstable) build you should use svn version of bazaar. It is still there.

Hello Klugier,
Many thanks for explanation about Bazaar packages. I think the good way is to wait for the updating of uppHub next week. Just a question about the svn source, may I get it directly from github or is there something else to do ? Confused

Regards
Biobytes

Libraries4U should be now available through UppHub.
Previous Topic: SurfaceCtrl, 3D viewer of Multiple file format and Surface class
Next Topic: Bazaar svn now read-only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:12:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04060 seconds