FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » GraphDraw/GraphCtrl
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56646 is a reply to message #56572] Wed, 31 March 2021 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradip is currently offline  Pradip
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

While working for printing the gantt chart, found that these functions need const access to scale.

void GanttXGridAxisDraw::GanttGridStepCalcCbk(GridStepManager& gridStepManager,
	CoordinateConverter& coordConv){

void GanttXGridAxisDraw::PaintHGrid(Draw& dw, int yRange, const_GridStepIterator iter,
	const_GridStepIterator endIter) {

void GanttYGridAxisDraw::PaintVGrid(Draw& dw, int xRange, const_GridStepIterator iter,
		const_GridStepIterator endIter) {

GanttXGridAxisDraw::GanttGridStepCalcCbk needs scale to show the dynamic grid on both screen and print correctly, Please see the attached PDF which will illustrate this clearly.

Paint*Grid needs scale to draw the grids with right thickness on both screen and print.

Please advise.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56652 is a reply to message #56646] Wed, 31 March 2021 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

You are wright !
The scale parameter is missing.
I will add it right away so it will be included in next version
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56653 is a reply to message #56652] Wed, 31 March 2021 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
I added 'scale' to PaintVGrid() and PaintHGrid() : was trivial

But for the other one, I have to look further into it : it's not trivial
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56654 is a reply to message #56653] Thu, 01 April 2021 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks a lot Didier!

Please send me the package once you are done, I'll attempt to sync.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56727 is a reply to message #56654] Wed, 07 April 2021 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Here is first version (not 100% finished, but what I wanted to see working is now OK)
There will be some more renaming to come (not to much I hope) but you can satrt with this version.
The main additions since you're last sync are:

• Introduced GraphSeries class : it's a proxy to the data that also takes care of drawing and editor dialog construction
  • Did a clean separation for custom series ==> the series can now be in other packages
  • Added legend management for all series (even custom series) Smile
  • Added properties editor dialog management for all series (even custom series) Smile . A custom GraphSerie can come with it's properties dialog and it can be changed application wide with static methods SetDefaultXxxx() (just like Chameleon)
  • Did some packaging : isolated existing Series in a dedicated packages ==> this allows to choose exactly which kind of serie you will use and limit minimal dependencies (I added a GraphSerie directory intended to contain all the GraphSerie packages)
  • Did some renaming (CustomDataSource was to confusing whith the ScatterDraw class)
  • NEW : Changed GrahElement properties editors management : you can now change application wide the editor of a GraphElement with static methods SetDefaultXxxx() (just like Chameleon) (This enhances Styling capacities quite easily)
  • NEW : did some more simplifications
  • NEW : did some more renaming

All the modifications you requested have also been added Smile
But after thinking about it, maybe you have a bug : the image copied to clipboard is supposed to look exactly the same as the one on the screen but with higher resolution so the number of grid lines should not change and you should not have the behaviour you see in the image you shared
Maybe you could share with the code of you're GridAxis manager ?

[EDIT] : removed attached file, new version available further

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2021 23:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56728 is a reply to message #56727] Wed, 07 April 2021 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Here the demo application I use to do some testing of GraphCtrl

[EDIT] : removed attached file, new version available further

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2021 23:36]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56730 is a reply to message #56728] Wed, 07 April 2021 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Dider,

Did you consider publishing GraphCtrl on UppHub? I think it would be good addition.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 April 2021 21:34]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56731 is a reply to message #56730] Wed, 07 April 2021 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Klugier.

Yes I have this in mind.
Just did find time to do it and frankly, some clear intructions are missing
Putting code into github is quite easy but I don't know where to put the description files which upphub uses
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56733 is a reply to message #56731] Thu, 08 April 2021 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Didier,
Quote:

Putting code into github is quite easy but I don't know where to put the description files which upphub uses

You don't need to edit or create any description files. IF your module/ctrl isn't already on a public Github repo, just create a repo following these instructions and notify us. It's our responsibility to handle the rest. Smile

Example of the directory structure to be created

If you have more than one closely related packages, such as GraphDraw and GraphCtrl, you can put them both into the same root directory, e.g.

GraphDraw
GraphCtrl
examples,
test
autotest
README.(md/qtf/or plain text)
LICENSE (md/or plain text)

If you have any questions let us know.

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Thu, 08 April 2021 09:13]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56734 is a reply to message #56727] Thu, 08 April 2021 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier!

Wonderful Smile , I'll download the package and will attempt to sync.

Also uploading the full CustomGantt package. The reason why I'm getting a different grid density between screen and print is:

Please see GanttXGridAxisDraw::GanttGridStepCalcCbk, where I'm deciding the grid mode and in GanttXGridAxisDraw::FormatAsDateCbk, based on the grid mode, formatting the axis. I've enclosed a PDF showing different grid modes as displayed.

In GanttXGridAxisDraw::GanttGridStepCalcCbk, in the following lines (got those limits by trial), the limits must be multiplied by scale to render correct output on print.
	if(daySpacing > Zx(90)) gridMode = DAY;
	else if(daySpacing > Zx(30)) gridMode = LONG_WEEK;
	else if(daySpacing > Zx(17)) gridMode = SHORT_WEEK;
	else if(weekSpacing > Zx(70)) gridMode = LONG_MONTH;
	else if(weekSpacing > Zx(25)) gridMode = SHORT_MONTH;
	else if(monthSpacing > Zx(28)) gridMode = QUARTER;
	else if(yearSpacing > Zx(220)) gridMode = LONG_YEAR;

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56738 is a reply to message #56734] Fri, 09 April 2021 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

The updated GraphCtrl needs AutoScroller, failing on compilation. Where can I get that package?

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56747 is a reply to message #56738] Fri, 09 April 2021 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

The autoscroller is part of UppHub, if you havea very recent version of Theide, it will be available.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 April 2021 16:39]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56776 is a reply to message #56747] Thu, 15 April 2021 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

Please, help is needed while syncing!

How should I modify the following lines? They are failing in compilation Sad

struct GanttCtrlDefaultTypes {
	typedef GanttCtrlDefaultTypes                                                      Types;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::CoordinateConverter                                          X1_TypeCoordConverter;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::CoordinateConverter                                          Y1_TypeCoordConverter;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdGridAxisECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::GanttXGridAxisDraw >   X1_TypeGridAxisDraw;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdGridAxisECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::GanttYGridAxisDraw >   Y1_TypeGridAxisDraw;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdLabelECtrl<Types,GraphDraw_ns::LabelElement>              TypeLabelElement;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdLegendECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::LegendElement >          TypeLegendElement;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdBlankAreaECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::BlankAreaElement >    TypeBlankElement;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::DynamicMarkerECtrl< Types >                                  TypeMarkerElement;
};

Regards,
Pradip

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2021 09:27]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56777 is a reply to message #56747] Thu, 15 April 2021 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Didier wrote on Fri, 09 April 2021 17:37
The autoscroller is part of UppHub, if you havea very recent version of Theide, it will be available.

Thanks! Got the latest version of UPP and got the autoscroller too

Regards,
Pradip

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2021 09:29]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56780 is a reply to message #56776] Thu, 15 April 2021 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Quote:
How should I modify the following lines? They are failing in compilation Sad

Code: [Select all] [Show/ hide]
struct GanttCtrlDefaultTypes {
typedef GanttCtrlDefaultTypes Types;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::CoordinateConverter X1_TypeCoordConverter;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::CoordinateConverter Y1_TypeCoordConverter;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdGridAxisECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::GanttXGridAxisDraw > X1_TypeGridAxisDraw;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdGridAxisECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::GanttYGridAxisDraw > Y1_TypeGridAxisDraw;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdLabelECtrl<Types,GraphDraw_ns::LabelElement > TypeLabelElement;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdLegendECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::LegendElement > TypeLegendElement;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdBlankAreaECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::BlankAreaElement > TypeBlankElement;
};

This is due to some simplifications ==> one of the template parameters was removed, it had become useless over time
So you just need to remove the 'Types' from the template declaration

'TYPES' template parameter isn't passed any more to GraphElements (they don't need this inforamtion)

Example:
typedef GanttCtrlDefaultTypes                                                      Types;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::CoordinateConverter                                          X1_TypeCoordConverter;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::CoordinateConverter                                          Y1_TypeCoordConverter;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdGridAxisECtrl<GraphDraw_ns::GanttXGridAxisDraw >   X1_TypeGridAxisDraw;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdGridAxisECtrl<GraphDraw_ns::GanttYGridAxisDraw >   Y1_TypeGridAxisDraw;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdLabelECtrl<GraphDraw_ns::LabelElement>              TypeLabelElement;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdLegendECtrl<GraphDraw_ns::LegendElement >          TypeLegendElement;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdBlankAreaECtrl<GraphDraw_ns::BlankAreaElement >    TypeBlankElement;
	typedef GraphDraw_ns::DynamicMarkerECtrl                                  TypeMarkerElement;

Look at the GraphCtrlDefaultTypes declaration (there are some other simplifications : some don't have templates at all)

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2021 15:29]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56841 is a reply to message #56780] Mon, 19 April 2021 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

The syncing is fully complete now. Addition of the scale parameter came very handy, thanks a lot! Enclosing comparison of screen and print outputs now, perfect!

While syncing, noted the following changes:

Changed this as you suggested, but noticed that the template name is TStdGridAxisECtrl and not StdGridAxisECtrl; similar changes in other related lines
//typedef GraphDraw_ns::StdGridAxisECtrl<Types, GraphDraw_ns::GanttXGridAxisDraw >   X1_TypeGridAxisDraw;
typedef GraphDraw_ns::TStdGridAxisECtrl<GraphDraw_ns::GanttXGridAxisDraw >   X1_TypeGridAxisDraw;

This needs package GraphSeries/SimpleJobSerie
//class GanttBarSeries : public CustomDataSource {
class GanttBarSeries : public SimpleJobSerie {

For chameleon; similar changes in other related lines
//ganttPrintStyle.x1AxisStyle.gridColor = WhiteGray();
ganttPrintStyle.x1AxisStyle.gdStyle.gridColor = WhiteGray();

In Ctor, this was bit of a surprise. The first line worked fine before in both modes, now works in debug but crashes in release. Changed line works in both.
//GetElementY1GridAxisDraw().SetAxisInverted(); // crashes in release mode!
GetElementY1GridAxisDraw().GetCoordConverter().SetInverted();

Finally, noticed that now ScatterDraw package is needed, which wasn't the case earlier.

It's an awesome experience, working with the GraphCtrl! Cheers Very Happy

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56843 is a reply to message #56841] Mon, 19 April 2021 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Glad to here you succeded in syncing (hope it wasn't to much work Embarassed )

Quote:
Changed this as you suggested, but noticed that the template name is TStdGridAxisECtrl and not StdGridAxisECtrl; similar changes in other related lines

When I removed the TYPE template parameter from GraphElementCtrl i Noticed I could simplify things and define default types (that don't need templates)
This is why I added 'T' : it's shows it is the Template version
	typedef TStdGridAxisECtrl< GridAxisDraw >     StdGridAxisECtrl;
	typedef TStdLabelECtrl   < LabelElement>      StdLabelECtrl;
	typedef TStdLegendECtrl  < LegendElement>     StdLegendECtrl;
	typedef TStdBlankAreaECtrl<BlankAreaElement>  StdBlankAreaECtrl;
	typedef DynamicMarkerECtrl                    StdMarkerECtrl;

Quote:
This needs package GraphSeries/SimpleJobSerie
//class GanttBarSeries : public CustomDataSource {
class GanttBarSeries : public SimpleJobSerie {

You should have used :
class GanttBarSeries : public GraphSerie

Since CustomDataSource was renamed GraphSerie
SimpleJobSerie is just an example of a job serie

Quote:
In Ctor, this was bit of a surprise. The first line worked fine before in both modes, now works in debug but crashes in release. Changed line works in both.

GetElementY1GridAxisDraw().GetCoordConverter().SetInverted() ;

I will look into this, obviously there is a problem ...

Quote:
Finally, noticed that now ScatterDraw package is needed, which wasn't the case earlier

ScatterDraw was always necessary before: it was part of the dependecies of GraphDraw.
Now, after the laast modifications, if you don't use ScatterSeries in you're application ScatterDraw package is no more included (since it's not needed by application)
If you need ScatterSeries you need to make it a dependency of you're application package
This was done to limit dependencies to the minimum and prevent inclusion of unused packages

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2021 19:56]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56844 is a reply to message #56843] Mon, 19 April 2021 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Quote:
ScatterDraw was always necessary before

After verification isolating Scatter isn't completelly finished code doesn't compile without it Embarassed

I will have to finish this

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2021 21:02]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56863 is a reply to message #56843] Fri, 23 April 2021 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

Didier wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 23:12

Glad to here you succeded in syncing (hope it wasn't to much work Embarassed )

Amazing Very Happy! Though it took bit of a time, it was smooth sailing through the syncing! For custom series, now there are styles, mouse events, editor dialog (I'm still exploring) all thanks to your amazing work Shocked

When I removed the TYPE template parameter from GraphElementCtrl i Noticed I could simplify things and define default types (that don't need templates)

It is simplified now

You should have used :
class GanttBarSeries : public GraphSerie

Since CustomDataSource was renamed GraphSerie
SimpleJobSerie is just an example of a job serie

Got your point. Now I'm using:
class GanttBarSeries : public SimpleGraphSerie {

And removed dependency with SimpleJobSerie

Quote:

GetElementY1GridAxisDraw().GetCoordConverter().SetInverted() ;

I will look into this, obviously there is a problem ...

Sure, I'll keep syncing with your updates.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #56864 is a reply to message #56844] Fri, 23 April 2021 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Experienced Member
Didier wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 00:31

After verification isolating Scatter isn't completelly finished code doesn't compile without it Embarassed
I will have to finish this

Right, I'm not using ScatterDraw, so tried to remove it, then it didn't compile.
Just take your time and keep up the amazing work Smile

Regards,
Pradip
Previous Topic: Anboto/Surface updated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:55:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01645 seconds