Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Snapshot 20060108 released
Snapshot 20060108 released [message #544] Sun, 08 January 2006 21:07 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Added:
- Package organizer: "when" now supports more complicated conditions "&", "|" and "( )"
- New IDE documentation written by Greame Prentice:
Configuring Packages and Assemblies,
Packages, Assemblies and Nests

Fixed:

- Assist++: Problem with local variables
- Assembly setup window: miss-spelling of "asembly" in label
- Create new package window: duplicated template options
- Create new package window: "create in" edit box wasn't wide enough to see the full path
- Package organizer window: miss-spelling of "aditional"

Re: Snapshot 20060108 released [message #571 is a reply to message #544] Tue, 10 January 2006 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pivica is currently offline  pivica
Hello,

I have a problem. I downloaded latest snapshot and now I don't know how to install it. I copied all files from snapshot into upp directorium, started upp, opened ide package and tried to compile it. I am geting next errors:

BLITZ: Pre.cpp cpplex.cpp Parser.cpp Base.cpp
In file included from /home/ivica/upp/out/CppBase/GCC32.Debug_full.Gui.Shared/$blitz.cpp:30:
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp: In function `String Qualify(const CppBase&, const String&, const St
	ring&)':
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp:280: error: could not convert `Nestfo((+base), (+nest))' to `Nestfo&
	'
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp:230: error: in passing argument 1 of `String QualifyIds(Nestfo&, con
	st String&, CppWordsHash&)'
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp: In function `String QualifyKey(const CppBase&, const String&, const
	 String&)':
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp:286: error: could not convert `Nestfo((+base), (+nest))' to `Nestfo&
	'
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp:230: error: in passing argument 1 of `String QualifyIds(Nestfo&, con
	st String&, CppWordsHash&)'
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp: In function `void QualifyTypes(CppBase&, const String&, CppItem&)':

/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp:297: error: no matching function for call to `QualifyTypes(Nestfo, C
	ppItem&)'
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp:296: error: candidates are: void QualifyTypes(CppBase&, const String
	&, CppItem&)
/home/ivica/upp/uppsrc/CppBase/Base.cpp:290: error:                 void QualifyTypes(Nestfo&, CppItem&)

There were errors. (11:20.34)

Is this the right way to install snapshot? I am using upp 511 and PCLinuxOS.
Re: Snapshot 20060108 released [message #572 is a reply to message #571] Tue, 10 January 2006 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sorry, snapshots are just that - snapshots. They are often not tested on all platforms.

What we have encountered here is one of GCC/MSC incompatibilities...
Re: Snapshot 20060108 released [message #573 is a reply to message #571] Wed, 11 January 2006 13:32 Go to previous message
victorb is currently offline  victorb
I was able to compile using GCC with the following workarounds:

1) uppsrc\CppBase\Base.cpp:

replace:
return QualifyIds(Nestfo(base, nest), type, dummy);

with:
Nestfo nf(base,nest);
return QualifyIds(nf, type, dummy);

at 3 different places (where errors are detected). I have attached the modified file.

2) Go the package organizer and remove the "/MAP" option (replace with "") when "!DEBUG WIN32" of the "ide" package.

Good luck,
Victor

• Attachment: Base.cpp
    (Size: 7.83KB, Downloaded 1597 times)
Previous Topic: CDraw - new nDraw performance test...
Next Topic: Snapshot 20060116 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:57:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03803 seconds