Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Being able to put build method in assembly or package
Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57358] Sun, 18 July 2021 00:10 Go to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
In one of my current project, I have to work with a lib that need to be included in build method. In order to be able to directly have my custom build method shipped with my project (to compile it quickly in other computer)

I'm wondering if it's possible to allow TheIDE to reconize .bm file (aka build method) from package or even assembly and make them available ?
Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57360 is a reply to message #57358] Mon, 19 July 2021 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Sun, 18 July 2021 00:10
In one of my current project, I have to work with a lib that need to be included in build method. In order to be able to directly have my custom build method shipped with my project (to compile it quickly in other computer)

I'm wondering if it's possible to allow TheIDE to reconize .bm file (aka build method) from package or even assembly and make them available ?

First of all, why exactly it has to be there? Why cannot put it to package?

Mirek
Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57363 is a reply to message #57360] Tue, 20 July 2021 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Mirek,

Quote:
Why cannot put it to package?

Currently, a build method file wont be reconized by TheIDE when TheIDE load the package

As exemple, I'm creating multiple package that use Vulkan lib. I'm pushing all thoses package on my personnal SVN. For all computer I go on, I have to construct my build method setting all dependencies of my package in the default build method of TheIDE (of course I do it once per computer). If I want to share the package I need to share the Build Method and explain it where to place it (or at least I need to tell people what to add as depencencies in build method). From this situation i'm wondering if it would be possible to just put my build method into my package (or even in an assembly) :

https://i.imgur.com/szoTr2n.png

When I share my package, user will directly have the build method requiered to build it (it only remain to install libs)
Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57364 is a reply to message #57363] Tue, 20 July 2021 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 18:18
Hello Mirek,

Quote:
Why cannot put it to package?

Currently, a build method file wont be reconized by TheIDE when TheIDE load the package

As exemple, I'm creating multiple package that use Vulkan lib. I'm pushing all thoses package on my personnal SVN. For all computer I go on, I have to construct my build method setting all dependencies of my package in the default build method of TheIDE (of course I do it once per computer). If I want to share the package I need to share the Build Method and explain it where to place it (or at least I need to tell people what to add as depencencies in build method). From this situation i'm wondering if it would be possible to just put my build method into my package (or even in an assembly) :

https://i.imgur.com/szoTr2n.png

When I share my package, user will directly have the build method requiered to build it (it only remain to install libs)

What is so special about that build method? Screenshot of that method would be more useful... Smile

Mirek
Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57365 is a reply to message #57364] Wed, 21 July 2021 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be honest, nothing so special just Vulkan lib path, and include path :

BUILDER = "CLANG";
COMPILER = "";
COMMON_OPTIONS = "";
COMMON_CPP_OPTIONS = "";
COMMON_C_OPTIONS = "";
COMMON_LINK = "";
COMMON_FLAGS = "";
DEBUG_INFO = "2";
DEBUG_BLITZ = "1";
DEBUG_LINKMODE = "0";
DEBUG_OPTIONS = "";
DEBUG_FLAGS = "";
DEBUG_LINK = "-Wl,--stack,20000000";
RELEASE_BLITZ = "1";
RELEASE_LINKMODE = "0";
RELEASE_OPTIONS = "-O3 ";
RELEASE_FLAGS = "";
RELEASE_LINK = "-Wl,--stack,20000000";
DEBUGGER = "gdb";
ALLOW_PRECOMPILED_HEADERS = "1";
DISABLE_BLITZ = "0";
PATH = "C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/clang/bin;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/clang/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/SDL2/lib/x64;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/pgsql/x64/bin;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/mysql/lib64";
INCLUDE = "C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/SDL2/include;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/pgsql/x64/include;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/mysql/include;C:\\VulkanSDK\\1.2.182.0\\Include";
LIB = "C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/SDL2/lib/x64;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/pgsql/x64/lib;C:\\Upp\\upp\\bin/mysql/lib64;C:\\VulkanSDK\\1.2.182.0\\Lib";
LINKMODE_LOCK = "0";

But let's think about having a package like a VulkanCtrl on UppHUB Rolling Eyes This kind of Ctrl would requiere Vulkan SDK (And a custom build method) in order to be compiled). I think like it would be awesome to select your package on UppHUB, having a pop up telling you to download Vulkan SDK to use this package (or even download and launch install cf) and provide you a custom build methode to use to compile the package.

Of course some issues like static path or compiler choice can be wrong on many computer
Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57366 is a reply to message #57365] Wed, 21 July 2021 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 00:12
To be honest, nothing so special just Vulkan lib path, and include path :

Which is exactly what we do not want to have in the package in any way, because it can change...

Quote:

But let's think about having a package like a VulkanCtrl on UppHUB Rolling Eyes This kind of Ctrl would requiere Vulkan SDK (And a custom build method) in order to be compiled). I think like it would be awesome to select your package on UppHUB, having a pop up telling you to download Vulkan SDK to use this package (or even download and launch install cf) and provide you a custom build methode to use to compile the package.

Well, that would be nice. Is Vulkan opensource/free to distribute BTW?

Mirek
Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57367 is a reply to message #57366] Wed, 21 July 2021 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Vulkan itself is under Apache license 2.0 (according to wikipedia) It's free to release software that use Vulkan, However I think the Vulkan SDK is under licence and can't be sell within a product without paying some royalties (it's hard to find anything about Vulkan SDK licence)
Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57368 is a reply to message #57367] Wed, 21 July 2021 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:25
Quote:

Vulkan itself is under Apache license 2.0 (according to wikipedia) It's free to release software that use Vulkan, However I think the Vulkan SDK is under licence and can't be sell within a product without paying some royalties (it's hard to find anything about Vulkan SDK licence)

Hm, what we could do is to add some scripting to UppHub modules that gets invoked on install. That would be ideal, right? But I guess it is too much work for now (there are other priorities)

Mirek

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 09:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Being able to put build method in assembly or package [message #57369 is a reply to message #57368] Wed, 21 July 2021 10:42 Go to previous message
mirek wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:40

Hm, what we could do is to add some scripting to UppHub modules that gets invoked on install. That would be ideal, right? But I guess it is too much work for now (there are other priorities)

Mirek

Yes indeed that would be ideal, I offer to work on it and propose some solution.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 10:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: [BUG] Show assembler output menu item stays hidden (requires manual intervention)
Next Topic: Custom .bsc files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:17:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01439 seconds