FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Sound and plugin/portaudio
Sound and plugin/portaudio [message #57695] Mon, 22 November 2021 15:27 Go to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

May I ask, who is/was the author/owner of the bazaar/Sound package and the associated bazaar/plugin/portaudio and bazaar/plugin/wav?

I have updated the plugin/portaudio source to version 19.7.0 (20210406) and made other small changes, so I guess these could be put where they belong. Maybe in UppHub??

Best regards,

Tom
Re: Sound and plugin/portaudio [message #57696 is a reply to message #57695] Mon, 22 November 2021 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Tom,

Those packages were originally written by me. I do not maintain them any longer and I don't think anyone ever really used them Smile

So feel free to adopt them, update them, move them to UppHub and/or do whatever else you feel like.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Sound and plugin/portaudio [message #57697 is a reply to message #57696] Mon, 22 November 2021 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Honza,

Nice to hear from you!

And yes, I used your Sound package before and now again -- although, I did not advertise it. I also thought that portaudio was the perfect choice for Sound as a multi platform audio I/O back end. In addition to work related use, I recently also started to use this as the real-time audio i/o module for my home brew guitar effect processor. The Sound+portaudio works here just perfectly. (Got fed up with my COTS floor board when the manufacturer dropped Windows 10 USB driver support and I could not record any longer directly via USB. They also refuse to support Linux, so that's it.)

Anyway, thank you so much for creating these wonderful packages. I will try to treat them right Smile

If there are any interested parties for Sound + the plugins, please let me know. I will then need to figure out how to make them available for download. (Or maybe I'll just post them right here...)

Thanks and best regards,

Tom
Re: Sound and plugin/portaudio [message #57698 is a reply to message #57695] Mon, 22 November 2021 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

That's great, I really love to hear that it is actually useful and usable. I think I only ever applied it in one project and I think Smile I hope it will keep serving you well.

Honza
Re: Sound and plugin/portaudio [message #58809 is a reply to message #57695] Wed, 07 September 2022 23:40 Go to previous message
mediawiz is currently offline  mediawiz
Does anyone know if the PortAudio library could be used to capture the (mixed) audio going out the speaker/headphone on a PC/Mac?
Previous Topic: Funny typo
Next Topic: Brazilian developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:27:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01482 seconds