Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » HelloWorld example fails building
HelloWorld example fails building [message #58065] Sat, 05 February 2022 18:39 Go to next message
aquilarubra is currently offline  aquilarubra
Promising Member
Hello,
I get the following linking error when I compile HelloWorld in Arch:

(): Linking has failed
(): /usr/bin/ld: /home/phantom/out/examples/Draw/CLANG.Gui.Shared/Draw.a(Font Fc.o): in function `Upp::GetFontInfoSys(Upp::Font)':
(): FontFc.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp14GetFontInfoSysENS_4FontE+0xef): undefined reference to `FT_Get_X11_Font_Format(FT_FaceRec_*)'
(): clang-13: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I tried updating packages, recompiling everything, but the error persists in both stable and nightly.
Re: HelloWorld example fails building [message #58066 is a reply to message #58065] Sun, 06 February 2022 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
It seems that anything using the Draw library fails building.
Re: HelloWorld example fails building [message #58081 is a reply to message #58066] Thu, 10 February 2022 09:07 Go to previous message
Promising Member
I found that the upp.src in my home folder was not up to date. Deleting and resyncing with git solved the issue.
Previous Topic: Remove unused languages
Next Topic: SSL and USEMALLOC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:08:46 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07580 seconds