FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » AutoScroller package update
AutoScroller package update [message #55187] Fri, 16 October 2020 10:51 Go to next message
warchef is currently offline  warchef
Promising Member
Hello,

i did a patch which eliminates compile error in this package (include error).

Sincerely,
warchef
Re: AutoScroller package update [message #55188 is a reply to message #55187] Fri, 16 October 2020 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Warchef,

Could you check latest nightly version. Some time ago I pushed similar changes into trunk. I am also glad you post your solution to the problem here. It means a lot in context of U++ development. Thanks!

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 October 2020 11:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #55358 is a reply to message #55188] Mon, 02 November 2020 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warchef is currently offline  warchef
Promising Member
Hello Klugier,

thanks, works perfectly!

Sincerely,
warchef
Re: AutoScroller package update [message #56301 is a reply to message #55358] Thu, 18 February 2021 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello,

Maybe this package could make it into Uppsrc:
It's very simple and very usefull Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 18 February 2021 18:46]

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #56323 is a reply to message #56301] Sun, 21 February 2021 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Dider,

I created AutoScroller UppHub package that basses on the bazzar implementation. It should be available when my PR will be accepted.

Als I added some improvements to the implementation:
- AutoScroller is no longer template class it inherits from ParentCtrl directly. This is breaking API change, but it is good time to do it.
- Added Layout designer integration. You could directly place AutoScroller in the layout (under Special controls category)
- Layout under AutoScroller can be scrolled with mouse wheel
- Fixed problem with scrolling, now the scrolling resolution is set correctly.
- Some code cleanup

Please test when package will be available on UppHub and let me know what is your opinion.

Klugier

[Updated on: Sun, 21 February 2021 01:50]

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #56324 is a reply to message #56323] Sun, 21 February 2021 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Klugier,
Quote:
Please test when package will be available on UppHub and let me know what is your opinion.

It works very well, thanks to you and Kohalt00.

Since it is time you've already slightly broken the API, is it possible and feasible to rename it to AutoScrollerCtrl and keep the old name as an alias with a warning that the alias will be removed with upp 2021.2 (as I did in TerminalCtrl)?
This suggestion is to keep consistency but it it of course up to you and its users.

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Sun, 21 February 2021 11:37]

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #56329 is a reply to message #56323] Sun, 21 February 2021 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Klugier,

Thank you Smile
Well a github package is OK but since this is kind of basic functionnality which many can need, I think it should rather be directly in Uppsrc
Thank's for the layout file (I would have done one anyway and I might contribute a more complex drawing : draw the scrolling cursors)

I will try you're version quickly

[Updated on: Sun, 21 February 2021 19:51]

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #56330 is a reply to message #56329] Sun, 21 February 2021 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Dider,

Let's develop it under UppHub right now. As you see there are some work to do and the flexibility, which GitHub gives us cannot be overestimated. Also, please feel free to fork and create PR's for AutoScroller. I hope your improvements to displaying it within LayoutDesigner will be there.

When AutoScroller will more mature we will move it uppsrc. However, I am fine if it will stay on UppHub Oblivion, thanks for your opinion. I will consider channing AutoScroller to AutoScrollerCtrl for consistency with the other controls. This must be done with careful as you suggested. We can not only create simply alias, we will need to change the includes too.

Klugier

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #56465 is a reply to message #56330] Sat, 13 March 2021 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Klugier,

I took 10 minutes to enhance .usc file.
Following code adds drawing of sidebars

Quote:
Paint(w) {
r = GetRect();
sbWidth = 16;

sr = r;
sr.right = sr.right-sbWidth;
sr.bottom = sr.bottom-sbWidth;

vsb = sr;
vsb.left = sr.right;
vsb.right = r.right;

hsb = sr;
hsb.top = sr.bottom;
hsb.bottom = r.bottom;

PaintHScrollBar(w, hsb);
PaintVScrollBar(w, vsb);

DrawCtrlFrame(w, r, .SetFrame);
DrawBorder(w, r, :SGray, :SGray);

sr.right = sr.right-sbWidth; ___________ // normaly shoudn't need this, but still had to add it otherwise ClassName overlaps VScrollbar ???
DrawClassName(w, sr, "AutoScroller");
}

[Updated on: Sat, 13 March 2021 23:11]

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #56472 is a reply to message #56465] Mon, 15 March 2021 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Dider,

Thank you! Applied, please test and in case of problems please reply to this message.

Klugier

Re: AutoScroller package update [message #58298 is a reply to message #56472] Wed, 13 April 2022 11:29 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
Hi guys Smile

I have seen that my AutoScroller made it far Razz Cool. Thanks for porting and fixing in all the years.

Just a side note why it was a template:
so it can be "template wrapped" around a main layout of an application..

otherwise there is the ParentCtrl from AutoScroller containing the real ParentCtrl..
I just wanted to keep the Ctrl hierarchy simple..

Cheers

Previous Topic: Using TerminalCtrl - does not compile
Next Topic: Error with MessageCtrl when using "["
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:55:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01709 seconds