Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How add multiple source files?
How add multiple source files? [message #58504] Fri, 03 June 2022 16:58 Go to next message
neo_in_matrix is currently offline  neo_in_matrix
Promising Member
TheIDE only allows me to add one single file or import a whole directory. That is not very convinient most of the time in that I mostly want to add a few files from another directory.

I tried dragging & dropping some files into current packgage, but the files are added under <temp-aux> node. It's very confusing. Should I create a feature request?

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2022 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How add multiple source files? [message #58513 is a reply to message #58504] Mon, 06 June 2022 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
You can also open the .upp file of the project and edit it directly, it's simple text file (I sometimes used that to reorganise the project).

But the drag'n'drop thing sounds like something people may try to do and would be nice if it would work? Can't think of any downside right now.
Re: How add multiple source files? [message #58514 is a reply to message #58513] Mon, 06 June 2022 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neo_in_matrix is currently offline  neo_in_matrix
Promising Member
mr_ped wrote on Mon, 06 June 2022 04:04
You can also open the .upp file of the project and edit it directly, it's simple text file (I sometimes used that to reorganise the project).

But the drag'n'drop thing sounds like something people may try to do and would be nice if it would work? Can't think of any downside right now.

Manual edting is not what I want because I have to manually collect filenames (how?) and paste them into text editor. Drag & drop is the common easiest way on Windows platform.

I see that U++ team is focused on the framework itself (which is excellent), but they do not quite focus on tiny user-friendly IDE features.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2022 08:16]

Re: How add multiple source files? [message #58519 is a reply to message #58504] Mon, 06 June 2022 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
The U++ team is mostly Mirek in recent years, so you have to scale expectations appropriately.

The feedback of fresh eyes is IMHO always very valuable, so keep on going, but if you ever feel also like digging into U++/ide source and try to patch something yourself, it often accelerates results.

But even just mentioning issues and suggestions may eventually lead to change, Mirek is often on fire... Smile
Re: How add multiple source files? [message #58520 is a reply to message #58519] Mon, 06 June 2022 21:24 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

The true thing is that it is already implemented. You can do it via "Insert package directory files(s)..". This option is below "Insert package file.." in package menu. In the past we used this option to add new file, but you could create several files on your disk and then add them manually.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6606&private=0

Any contribution are welcome, however it must be thought out. So, if you plan to do bigger contribution, let's discuss it firstly and of course Mirek must like it Smile Today, we have PR mechanism, so the code can be easily reviewed and aligned.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2022 21:25]

Previous Topic: How specify additional compiler/linker flags for a package?
Next Topic: How find files by name?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:32:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03111 seconds