Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Minor issues in Navigator bar
Minor issues in Navigator bar [message #58546] Sat, 11 June 2022 20:21 Go to next message
qapko is currently offline  qapko
Hello.

I would like to report two minor issues in TheIDE's "Navigator bar" - I encountered them when trying to get back an idea of how it all works in TheIDE after some time spent without it - and without C++ too. Wink

For both issues I'm attaching screenshots and also the "repro" source files.

The 1st problem is how layout of "typedef struct" is displayed in the Navigator bar (struct_with_typedef.png) - the last struct member ("c" in this case) is separated from the other struct members by "Struct : typedef ..." item, which is quite surprising.

Possible 2nd problem might be that when "Struct: ..." item in the Navigator bar is selected, the cursor in the source file is moved to the last member of the struct ("c"). This is not that bad, but still the original intent might have been different. Shouldn't it be the next line - the line with the struct name? This point applies for both a "typedef struct" and a "struct" without "typedef" (struct_with_typedef.png, struct_without_typedef.png).

I was considering whether even to bother you with this, but as I can see how well maintained the project still is, I decided to report these issues as something you might have not noticed yet. After all, who is using "typedef struct" in C++, right? Smile

Thank you and have a nice day.

Gabriel
Re: Minor issues in Navigator bar [message #58558 is a reply to message #58546] Sat, 18 June 2022 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Gabriel,

Thanks for raising this issue. Mirek is now experimenting with libclang. Thanks to that our code completion support in TheIDE should be independent from our custom implementation that at the moment lacks of many features. Especially, we do not support things related to newest C++ standard or features that are not typically use in U++ application like your problem with structures.

For now we shouldn't invest our time to fix this issue. libclang is the future.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Minor issues in Navigator bar [message #58577 is a reply to message #58558] Sat, 25 June 2022 20:45 Go to previous message
qapko is currently offline  qapko
Hello, Klugier.

Thank you for the info about Mirek's experiments with libclang. Also the decision not to invest any more time into the current TheIDE's C++ analyzer makes sense to me.

Once more, thank you and have a nice day.

Gabriel
Previous Topic: IDE eats up too much memory
Next Topic: Problem with custom 32-bit compilers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:31:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01010 seconds