Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Feature request: Copy and paste layouts
Feature request: Copy and paste layouts [message #6010] Sat, 28 October 2006 01:42 Go to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
Hi!
While playing around with the layout designer I could get Tabs to work! Thanks to Address Book example!
But, I find that a possibility to copy and paste layouts are needed.
Example: You design a layout. Now you want another layout to be the same size with the same controls in it, but making a few changes. Instead of redesigning the second layout, you could just copy and paste the other layout, give this new copy a name and edit it.
Please think about it!
Re: Feature request: Copy and paste layouts [message #6011 is a reply to message #6010] Sat, 28 October 2006 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeohhs
lectus wrote on Sat, 28 October 2006 07:42

Example: You design a layout. Now you want another layout to be the same size with the same controls in it, but making a few changes. Instead of redesigning the second layout, you could just copy and paste the other layout, give this new copy a name and edit it.
Please think about it!

Hi,

What I do now is, outside the IDE, e.g. in File Explorer, make a copy of the .lay file. Then change its file name, layout name and insert it into the project. Smile

Best Regards,
Yeoh

Re: Feature request: Copy and paste layouts [message #6012 is a reply to message #6010] Sat, 28 October 2006 09:04 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
lectus wrote on Sat, 28 October 2006 01:42

Hi!
While playing around with the layout designer I could get Tabs to work! Thanks to Address Book example!
But, I find that a possibility to copy and paste layouts are needed.
Please think about it!

You just now can copy and past!
Select with a mouse a rectangular area (click and drag) then copy. Now create a new layout and paste in it.
Alternatively you can use CTRL+T and visualize the textual part of the layout. Copy it and paste somewhere renaming the widget layout name.

Luigi

[Updated on: Sat, 28 October 2006 09:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: UPT: enhancement suggestion
Next Topic: Debugger error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:43:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03376 seconds