FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » uvs2 as "public application"
uvs2 as "public application" [message #6957] Tue, 05 December 2006 22:37 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, we have always was silent about uvs2, but now after conversation with Daniel, maybe we could make it a spin-off project.

Maybe it could be useful as "mini" versioning system for people that do not want to setup cvs or just want something that is really simple.

All of you uvs2 "syncers", what do you think? Could that be interesting for somebody?

Mirek
Re: uvs2 as "public application" [message #6959 is a reply to message #6957] Tue, 05 December 2006 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
This would be great since there are several problems when syncing.
But I vote for using SVN in the future, because its easier to handle (patch file generation) Wink.

Matthias
Re: uvs2 as "public application" [message #6961 is a reply to message #6957] Tue, 05 December 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

I think there should be a versioning system available to the general public. I don't know if we should use UVS2 or try to switch to SVN.
Re: uvs2 as "public application" [message #6962 is a reply to message #6961] Wed, 06 December 2006 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
rbmatt wrote on Tue, 05 December 2006 17:57

I think there should be a versioning system available to the general public. I don't know if we should use UVS2 or try to switch to SVN.

Ops. that is misunderstanding.

What I was suggesting is taking uvs2 and make it a "project" - application for other people. Perhaps rename it to "miniVS" or something like that.

For small groups or individuals, this might have some merits...

Mirek
Re: uvs2 as "public application" [message #6973 is a reply to message #6957] Wed, 06 December 2006 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
Well, uvs2 works fine for me.

But I could also do with CVS or SVN. So I don't know if there is a real need for it. At least it would need some decent documentation.

Werner
Re: uvs2 as "public application" [message #6979 is a reply to message #6973] Wed, 06 December 2006 12:13 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
OK, I understand it as "no" Wink

Mirek
Previous Topic: Date emulation for Sqlite
Next Topic: Endian specific source changes, for Universal support.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:33:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03159 seconds