Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Don't autosave
Don't autosave [message #710] Thu, 26 January 2006 10:36 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
I would like request the feature that source code files are not auto-saved when the tab is closed or switched. In case of closing tabs or TheIde, a save confirmation popup should come up. The current auto-saving behaviour is different from practically all text editors and development environments, and thus unexpected and unintuitive. If the current behaviour is required by somebody there could be an checkbox for it in the options.
Re: Don't autosave [message #711 is a reply to message #710] Thu, 26 January 2006 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

I think this one is not too simple to implement as Mirek use one editor instance. (To achieve the non-autosave he probably should create file copy for each opened tab, but this would reflect in complication of ide code).

Frankly, I really like the auto-save behaviour and I don't miss the "visual studio" way but I understand you and you're right it should be configurable.
Re: Don't autosave [message #713 is a reply to message #710] Thu, 26 January 2006 20:37 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Yes, it is uncommon. U++ IS uncommon Smile

Personally, I never missed "Save the file?" dialog (and you can always undo any changes back). In fact, if "no-autosave" is about to be implemented, I would rather do it by keeping autosave and using undo buffer to get the file to original condition Smile

Thinking about it, "Undo all changes" does not sound that bad... Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: Underscore forbidden in Navigate [BUG][FIXED]
Next Topic: new uninstaller because... :)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:18:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02405 seconds