Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » documentation and uvs
documentation and uvs [message #751] Mon, 30 January 2006 20:11 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
I see all these files in the src.tpp direcory in uvs. Some of them are also visible in srcdoc.tpp, but I edited the version in the src.tpp directory. There are other strange things you can see in the screenshot: There are two "Overview of U++ containers" pages, two "Serialization" pages, some pages don't have a name, etc. Some pages are also visible in src.tpp and srcdoc.tpp. After looking more closely at this confusion, it is possible that I was editing some obsolete versions of those files which should have not been visible in src.tpp.
index.php?t=getfile&id=47&private=0
Re: grammar corrections [message #752 is a reply to message #751] Mon, 30 January 2006 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, obviously some deleted files resurected after your uvs2 sync...

I have just checked loading full update block into fresh empty dirs and nothing like that has happened for me. Could I ask you for compiling fresh uvs2 from current uvs2 tree (or snapshot) and repeat Sync? (in hope that it was just some gone uvs2 development anomaly..)

BTW, there is also a uvs2 functionality to revert to (or resurrect) older file, but I do not think that it is what you have done...

Mirek
Re: grammar corrections [message #753 is a reply to message #752] Mon, 30 January 2006 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I recompiled UVS2 from the sources in uvs. I removed the whole uvs directory, and started syncronization from the start with the new uvs2.exe. It finished downloading everything, and the same unwanted files are present in the directory. See screenshot. How about you try to do a resync from the start?
Edit: my next idea is that uvs also saves removed files in the local archive. There should be an feature to extract a snapshot into an other directory.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2006 22:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: grammar corrections [message #754 is a reply to message #753] Mon, 30 January 2006 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Not only .uvs dir has to be empty for fresh restart, but uppsrc as well.

Or, even better, just try with different set of dirs.

uvs2 would not remove existing files.

And yes, there is always complete history in local archive, included all deleted files.

Sorry for inconvenience, something strange happening here. I have checked myself (by syncing to empty archive/dir), Daniel does not have those deleted files in Core too. I really would like to know what is going on here.

Mirek
Re: grammar corrections [message #755 is a reply to message #754] Mon, 30 January 2006 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Mon, 30 January 2006 17:03

Not only .uvs dir has to be empty for fresh restart, but uppsrc as well. Or, even better, just try with different set of dirs. uvs2 would not remove existing files.
I removed everything before the sync, so there was no existing files. The uppsrc directory was created by uvs2.exe and populated with the files, including those which are deleted in the current version.
Quote:

And yes, there is always complete history in local archive, included all deleted files.
Then you should see the deleted files in your own archive too, shouldn't you?

Hmm, maybe the problem is that I am viewing the uvs.uppsrc directory (where there are $v files too), and you are viewing the uvs.uppsrc.uc, which is simmilar, but seems to lack the deleted files and $v files.

By the way it has probably no connection with the problem, but I sometimes get this cryptic message from uvs2:
Synchronizing project 'uppsrc'...
Connecting to server: 82.208.33.67
Modification block: server - 589; local - empty
Looking for full block...

Synchronization aborted, unlocking server archive - error:

Neplatná délka komprimovaných dat: 25577776

Synchronization terminated with error(s), finishing batch processing.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2006 23:49]

Re: grammar corrections [message #757 is a reply to message #755] Tue, 31 January 2006 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Ahhh.... Yes.

There are two directories - "repository" (or, as you say, "archive") and the real development tree...

The content of repository is not meant to be worked with - this is for maintainance purpose (it is equivalent to those .cvs subdirs when using cvs, as far as I understand them). uvs2 uses repository to keep track of your changes and also to provide off-line history of changes.
Re: grammar corrections [message #758 is a reply to message #757] Tue, 31 January 2006 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
OK then, please throw away those files from my corrections which do not exist in the current version, because I was editing an obsolete version of them. Rolling Eyes And would it be possible to move the posts of this uvs-related discussion to an other topic, so that I can continue here with the corrections?
Re: grammar corrections [message #765 is a reply to message #758] Tue, 31 January 2006 18:04 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
hojtsy wrote on Tue, 31 January 2006 02:04

... And would it be possible to move the posts of this uvs-related discussion to an other topic, so that I can continue here with the corrections?

I'll try ...

EDIT: Is it ok? If you would more to move - edit them and mark somehow or write numbers of messages

[Updated on: Tue, 31 January 2006 19:44]

Previous Topic: grammar corrections
Next Topic: theIDE widgets Docs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:58:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02348 seconds