Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++?
How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++? [message #7570] Sat, 06 January 2007 20:29 Go to next message
rurbina is currently offline  rurbina
Saludos!!!!
Could anyone please tell me how to include the cairomm library into ultimate++ in order to be able to use some of its potential? Like being able to work with SVG? Please i would appreciate your cooperation!!!!!!
Re: How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++? [message #7571 is a reply to message #7570] Sat, 06 January 2007 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
rurbina wrote on Sat, 06 January 2007 14:29

Saludos!!!!
Could anyone please tell me how to include the cairomm library into ultimate++ in order to be able to use some of its potential? Like being able to work with SVG? Please i would appreciate your cooperation!!!!!!

Adding libraries was discussed in detail several times here.

Basically, compile it to linkable form, then add in package organizer.

Use search the forum for details.
Re: How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++? [message #7623 is a reply to message #7571] Wed, 10 January 2007 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saludos!!!
Could you please tell how to add all libraries including into GNU/linux in order to be able to work in Ultimate++. For example
I want to use Cairo, librsvg, cairomm, cairo-librsvg in such a way that i will be able to compile it my project in Windows and linux as well.
Re: How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++? [message #7633 is a reply to message #7623] Thu, 11 January 2007 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Use "When" condition to add specific versions of libraries in specific environments.

Mirek
Re: How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++? [message #7666 is a reply to message #7570] Sat, 13 January 2007 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saludos!!!
It's me again... and i am sorry for the question but i'm kindy of new in ultimate++ and there are still some thing which i don't really quite get.
This is my problem... Since i have been trying to use the Cairo lib in order to be able to open and draw a SVG file using U++. I have been including the library using the Build Methods, for example in the INCLUDES i typed this "/usr/include/cairo " along this in the LIB i typed this path "/usr/lib". Also, using the package organizer in the WHERE i typed LINUX and finally in the LINKS OPTIONS "/usr/lib" and it seems to me that it recognize the Cairo.h, but the problem comes out when i am trying to use everyone of its methods and functions, because it throws out this error:

----- Core ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (1 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/Core
----- plugin/bmp ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (2 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/plugin/bmp
----- Draw ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (3 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/Draw
/home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/Core/dli_source.h(1) : blocks BLITZ of /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp
----- CtrlCore ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (4 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore
----- PdfDraw ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (5 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/PdfDraw
----- plugin\png ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (6 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/plugin/png
----- RichText ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (7 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/RichText
----- CtrlLib ( GUI GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (8 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib
/home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/XPTheme.dli(1) : blocks BLITZ of /home/rurbina/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChWin32.cpp
----- Color ( GUI MAIN GCC DEBUG SO SHARED BLITZ LINUX ) (9 / 9)
cd /home/rurbina/upp/examples/Color
Linking...
c++ -o "/home/rurbina/upp/out/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/Color" -ggdb -L"/usr/X11R6/lib" -L"/usr/lib" -Wl,-O,2 -L,/usr/lib "
/home/rurbina/upp/out/Color/GCC.Debug.Gui.Main.Shared.So/mai n.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Core/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$b
litz.o" "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Core/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/OL_Set.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/bmp/GCC.Debug.Gui.S
hared.So/BmpReg.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/bmp/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$bl itz.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Draw/GCC.
Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blitz.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/Draw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/DrawX11.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Ctr
lCore/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/CtrlCore.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlCore/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blit z.o " "/home/pd
vsa/upp/out/PdfDraw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/PdfReport.o" "/home/rurbina/upp/out/PdfDraw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blit
z.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/png reg.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gu
i.Shared.So/pnglib.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/png upp.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/RichTe
xt/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/RichImage.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/RichText/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blit z.o " "/home/pdvs
a/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/CtrlLib.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blitz .o "
" /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/ChWin3 2.o " -Wl,--start-group -lpthread -ldl -lz -lX11 -ldl -
lXft -lpng -Wl,--end-group
/home/rurbina/upp/out/Color/GCC.Debug.Gui.Main.Shared.So/mai n.o: En la función `GuiMainFn_()':
main.cpp:(.text+0x30d): referencia a `cairo_matrix_init_scale' sin definir
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
c++ -o "/home/rurbina/upp/out/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/Color" -ggdb -L"/usr/X11R6/lib" -L"/usr/lib" -Wl,-O,2 -L,/usr/lib "
/home/rurbina/upp/out/Color/GCC.Debug.Gui.Main.Shared.So/mai n.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Core/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$b
litz.o" "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Core/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/OL_Set.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/bmp/GCC.Debug.Gui.S
hared.So/BmpReg.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/bmp/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$bl itz.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Draw/GCC.
Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blitz.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/Draw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/DrawX11.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Ctr
lCore/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/CtrlCore.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlCore/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blit z.o " "/home/pd
vsa/upp/out/PdfDraw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/PdfReport.o" "/home/rurbina/upp/out/PdfDraw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blit
z.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/png reg.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gu
i.Shared.So/pnglib.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/png upp.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/RichTe
xt/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/RichImage.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/RichText/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blit z.o " "/home/pdvs
a/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/CtrlLib.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blitz .o "
" /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/ChWin3 2.o " -Wl,--start-group -lpthread -ldl -lz -lX11 -ldl -
lXft -lpng -Wl,--end-group
Error executing c++ -o "/home/rurbina/upp/out/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/Color" -ggdb -L"/usr/X11R6/lib" -L"/usr/lib" -Wl,-O
,2 -L,/usr/lib " /home/rurbina/upp/out/Color/GCC.Debug.Gui.Main.Shared.So/mai n.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Core/GCC.Debug.
Gui.Shared.So/$blitz.o" "/home/rurbina/upp/out/Core/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/OL_Set.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/bmp
/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/BmpReg.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/bmp/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$bl itz.o " "/home/rurbina/u
pp/out/Draw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blitz.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/Draw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/DrawX11.o " "/home/p
dvsa/upp/out/CtrlCore/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/CtrlCore.o" "/home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlCore/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$bl
itz.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/PdfDraw/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/PdfRep ort.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/PdfDraw/GCC.Debug.Gui
.Shared.So/$blitz.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/png reg.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/
png/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/pnglib.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/plugin/png/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/png upp.o " "/home/pdvs
a/upp/out/RichText/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/RichImage.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/RichText/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/$blit
z.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/CtrlLi b.o " "/home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Sha
red.So/$blitz.o" " /home/rurbina/upp/out/CtrlLib/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/ChWin3 2.o " -Wl,--start-group -lpthread -ldl
-lz -lX11 -ldl -lXft -lpng -Wl,--end-group
Exitcode: 1

There were errors. (0:02.50)

I really appreciate anybody could help me out on this problem..... Crying or Very Sad
Re: How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++? [message #7667 is a reply to message #7666] Sat, 13 January 2007 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
Hello,

you need to tell the linker explictly which libs to link to.
It can not figure that out from the headers alone.

So in the link line you need -lcairo or better
`pkg-config --libs cairo` 

(notice: must use back-tick not quotes).
Also
`pkg-config --cflags cairo`

is the saver strategy for header inclusion.

Guido
Re: How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++? [message #7668 is a reply to message #7667] Sat, 13 January 2007 23:41 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
I am afraid this would not work with current TheIDE.

Instead, simply put "cairo" as library in package organizer to your main package (or package that needs to link with cairo).

Mirek
Previous Topic: different repositories of libs and includes
Next Topic: How to set a specific libstdc++?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:55:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02028 seconds