Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » mingwm10.dll not needed?!
mingwm10.dll not needed?! [message #781] Thu, 02 February 2006 10:33 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
As far as I know mingw-compiled multithreaded applicaions should always be dynamically linked to mingwm10.dll, so this file should be available on computers running the application. It seems that U++ somehow removes this nasty limitation. How is that possible?
Re: mingwm10.dll not needed?! [message #794 is a reply to message #781] Thu, 02 February 2006 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am not sure. I have noticed this mingwm10.dll issue, but never tried to really find out what it is about...

I do not think that U++ helps here - just TheIDE as well all examples are not multithreaded Smile

Mirek
Re: mingwm10.dll not needed?! [message #802 is a reply to message #794] Fri, 03 February 2006 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I created a MT application with u++, and run it withouth mingw10.dll successfully. This is not supposed to be possible. Multithreaded applications should be built with the "-mthreads" option given to the compiler, which will trigger dynamic linking to mingw10.dll. It is promissed that a future version of MinGW will remove this severe inconvenience. There are long discussions about this topic on the Qt forum. ( http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2005-10/msg00470.html)
Re: mingwm10.dll not needed?! [message #812 is a reply to message #802] Fri, 03 February 2006 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Is there a way to display the command line arguments passed to the compiler during compilation? I would like to see if it contains the -mthreads parameter.
Re: mingwm10.dll not needed?! [message #814 is a reply to message #812] Fri, 03 February 2006 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Yes - there is "Be verbose" option in the "Setup" menu.

Mirek

(P.S.: just checked GCC builder code and it indeed seems like the option is missing... Explains it Smile
Re: mingwm10.dll not needed?! [message #815 is a reply to message #814] Fri, 03 February 2006 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
That -mthreads is needed, because it makes the compiler generate thread-safe versions of some codes. It links with mingwm10.dll as the dll framework provide the only documented way a certain cleanup code could be triggered after each thread terminates. (VC++ uses an undocumented way) So I can no longer hope that you somehow miraculosly removed the dependency on mingwm10.dll.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2006 11:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: mingwm10.dll not needed?! [message #834 is a reply to message #815] Fri, 03 February 2006 23:04 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Fixed: TheIDE now emits -mthreads for GCC && WIN32.

Mirek
Previous Topic: How BLITZ works?
Next Topic: /MAP is Visual C++ only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:06:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03053 seconds