Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » LIB from Visual C++ cannot link to UPP package
Re: LIB from Visual C++ cannot link to UPP package [message #6061 is a reply to message #6030] Sun, 29 October 2006 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cioannou is currently offline  cioannou
What do you mean?

The same lib file is linked in my example Dev-C++ project and it works.
Re: LIB from Visual C++ cannot link to UPP package [message #8129 is a reply to message #6061] Sun, 11 February 2007 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have a similar problem with another library and would like to know.

I am getting the error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\upp\out\tclap\MSC8.\tclap.lib'

Using MSC8 Optimal build (it compiles and runs fine in the debug build). tclap is the name of a package that I created and populated with a code library.

Is the linker looking for a file or a folder? And why would it have a directory like "MSC8."?

Edit 1: Upp was not building the object/library files for the tclap package. I got it to compile by removing the package dependency and then simply including the header file for the library. What would cause it not to create object files for that package of code?

[Updated on: Sun, 11 February 2007 19:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: LIB from Visual C++ cannot link to UPP package [message #8135 is a reply to message #6061] Sun, 11 February 2007 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, the problem *was* that mingw in fact supports .lib, but theide did not.

This is now fixed.

Mirek
Re: LIB from Visual C++ cannot link to UPP package [message #8147 is a reply to message #8135] Mon, 12 February 2007 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Mirek,

Could you sync SVN and/or deploy a beta4 with source? There has been enough changes to U++ since the last release (about two weeks ago) that it would be nice to catch up...

Thanks,
Re: LIB from Visual C++ cannot link to UPP package [message #8148 is a reply to message #8147] Mon, 12 February 2007 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
rc1 is being released tonight (Monday Feb 12th 2007).

Mirek

Re: LIB from Visual C++ cannot link to UPP package [message #8149 is a reply to message #8148] Mon, 12 February 2007 22:17 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Cool! Thanks.

I should be able to test it out on WinXP and Gentoo-linux once I get it.

Comments to follow Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2007 22:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: uxtheme does not work with Ultimate++ 2007.1beta3
Next Topic: MS Com and Unicode issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:04:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04758 seconds