Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack?
How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack? [message #8293] Thu, 01 March 2007 00:57 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
maybe I'm just not finding them but it would be nice if the left hand panel could show classes and their members

also, when I am debugging, it would be nice to be able to see the call stack - I've never used a debugger without this feature before and whilst its not imposible to cope, it would be a nice feature.

ooh, here's another one - how about having the watch window remembering its items from one run to the next?

obviously more documentation would be nice but we all know how boring it is to write help. Is there anywhere else we can go to find out what basic types do - for instance, I am currently passing Point variables into and back from functions but the values get lost so I am clearly doing something wrong however, there is no documentation so I can't workout what I am doing wrong.

any help along the lines of "its right there dumbass" much appreciated Smile
Re: How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack? [message #8294 is a reply to message #8293] Thu, 01 March 2007 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Class view->There is class browser which displays in bottom. Anyway, this is area where progress is about to happen.

Call stack is shown if you push drop down button at current stack frame. Usually, that is enough; there is really no space to show it permanently.

Documentation: Well, we are trying. Many things now ARE documented; if it is not, you have this forum to ask.
Re: How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack? [message #8302 is a reply to message #8294] Thu, 01 March 2007 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Thanks for the tips.

Re: How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack? [message #8322 is a reply to message #8293] Fri, 02 March 2007 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
_Seven_ is currently offline  _Seven_
can you explain better how i can see the values of the stack? i don't understand what you said sorry but i have a poor english

thanks Embarassed
Re: How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack? [message #8443 is a reply to message #8322] Fri, 09 March 2007 18:24 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
There is drop-down list of stack frames when debugging, in the top right area of debugger pane. Just press "drop" button. You can also select a context this way.
Previous Topic: static libraries?
Next Topic: A few things to fix in 2007.rc3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:08:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.12205 seconds