Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » A few things to fix in 2007.rc3
A few things to fix in 2007.rc3 [message #8742] Wed, 28 March 2007 20:14 Go to next message
victorb is currently offline  victorb
Here is a list of minor things to fix in 2007.rc3

- CtrlLib app with main window is the only .UPT using U++ having "using namespace Upp;" it should be added to others.

- In build methods, are Shared libs/All shared supposed to link U++ dynamically? If yes it does not seem to work.

Victor
Re: A few things to fix in 2007.rc3 [message #8771 is a reply to message #8742] Thu, 29 March 2007 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
I have 1 bug as well with this version:
The .pdb file sometimes gets locked and it won't let me run in debug version any more. It gives a message saying that the .pdb file cannot be accessed and to make sure that permissions are correct and etc. This does not happen all the time, but after a few recompiles and debug runs, it tends to lock up. This becomes a pain because TheIDE doesn't save the state of the breakpoints. So I have to close TheIDE, delete the .pdb file, and then reopen TheIDE with my breakpoints gone.
Re: A few things to fix in 2007.rc3 [message #8777 is a reply to message #8771] Thu, 29 March 2007 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Thu, 29 March 2007 13:15

I have 1 bug as well with this version:
The .pdb file sometimes gets locked and it won't let me run in debug version any more. It gives a message saying that the .pdb file cannot be accessed and to make sure that permissions are correct and etc. This does not happen all the time, but after a few recompiles and debug runs, it tends to lock up. This becomes a pain because TheIDE doesn't save the state of the breakpoints. So I have to close TheIDE, delete the .pdb file, and then reopen TheIDE with my breakpoints gone.

Yes, I am aware about this problem, unfortunately, this is most likely a bug in MS debughlp.dll. No easy way how to fix that.

If it happens to me, I simply restart TheIDE Smile

OTOH, I welcome everybody to check the init/exit code of debugger
in ide/Debuggers/Pdb.cpp. Perhaps I made some mistake...

Mirek
Re: A few things to fix in 2007.rc3 [message #8778 is a reply to message #8742] Thu, 29 March 2007 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
victorb wrote on Wed, 28 March 2007 14:14

- In build methods, are Shared libs/All shared supposed to link U++ dynamically? If yes it does not seem to work.

"Shared libs" means TheIDE should *prefer* shared libraries when linking (it has corresponding gcc and msc flags).

"All shared" means "Shared libs" + all packages should be compiled as .dll/.so. This is more or less experimental feature, the U++ policy is to link statically, but for debugging purposes, dynamic linking can be faster. I am afraid that at the moment, this does not work in Win32 (because of the U++ library being compiled, not TheIDE).

Mirek
Copy as definition/declaration [message #8788 is a reply to message #8778] Sat, 31 March 2007 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info.

I have just noticed an other issue.

If I have

class ADDONEXPORT MyClass 
{
    void MyFunc();
}

and I try to "Copy as definition/declaration" MyFunc() in my C file, I'll get:

void ADDONEXPORT::MyFunc()

Re: Copy as definition/declaration [message #8789 is a reply to message #8788] Sat, 31 March 2007 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
victorb wrote on Sat, 31 March 2007 06:16

Thanks for the info.

I have just noticed an other issue.

If I have

class ADDONEXPORT MyClass 
{
    void MyFunc();
}

and I try to "Copy as definition/declaration" MyFunc() in my C file, I'll get:

void ADDONEXPORT::MyFunc()

The main drawback of current C++ parser is the inability to deal with macros....

Mirek
Re: Copy as definition/declaration [message #8812 is a reply to message #8789] Mon, 02 April 2007 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mirek,

Quote:

"All shared" means "Shared libs" + all packages should be compiled as .dll/.so. This is more or less experimental feature, the U++ policy is to link statically, but for debugging purposes, dynamic linking can be faster. I am afraid that at the moment, this does not work in Win32 (because of the U++ library being compiled, not TheIDE).

Do you have any idea of what it would take to make it work on Win32 (In case I can find some time to look at it)?

Thanks,
Victor
Re: Copy as definition/declaration [message #8816 is a reply to message #8812] Mon, 02 April 2007 12:56 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Mostly to fix package dependecies.
Previous Topic: How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack?
Next Topic: uldar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:19:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02915 seconds