Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » OK, time to release.... (finally).
OK, time to release.... (finally). [message #8953] Mon, 09 April 2007 19:54 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I think there were no glitches in rc5, so it is time for final release.

Please, use rc5 sources, only change version.h (delete "rc5" part..).

Mirek
Re: OK, time to release.... (finally). [message #8956 is a reply to message #8953] Tue, 10 April 2007 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Ok. How long til the source is released?

EBo --
Re: OK, time to release.... (finally). [message #8957 is a reply to message #8956] Tue, 10 April 2007 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
I will contact Daniel as soon as he is online so we sync each other and release it.

Bas

So means: should be today (evening)

Re: OK, time to release.... (finally). [message #8959 is a reply to message #8953] Tue, 10 April 2007 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Mon, 09 April 2007 13:54

I think there were no glitches in rc5, so it is time for final release.

Please, use rc5 sources, only change version.h (delete "rc5" part..).

Mirek

Frankly, I would like to update my grid once again before that final, but it require latest ChildFrameMouseEvent.
From what I saw there were only some changes to oci7/8 and that ChildFramMouseEvent since rc5. If it is not a problem we could make the newest uvs a final. I'm not pushing, just want to know what you think - if it is safe.
Re: OK, time to release.... (finally). [message #8961 is a reply to message #8959] Tue, 10 April 2007 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
You clearly do not understand the meaning of "rc" letters.

There will always be something to fix and improve, but fixes introduce bugs. "rc" should be used without changing anything to produce the final version, otherwise what is produced is just another "rc".

I would do just that - use exactly the sources from "rc5". Make the release, and reserve further changes for next .dev version. Otherwise we will be in "rc" process forever...

Mirek
Re: OK, time to release.... (finally). [message #8962 is a reply to message #8961] Tue, 10 April 2007 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Tue, 10 April 2007 05:04

You clearly do not understand the meaning of "rc" letters.

I think I understand but we are not a bussines corporation which makes money and must strictly follow procedures Wink
Quote:

There will always be something to fix and improve, but fixes introduce bugs. "rc" should be used without changing anything to produce the final version, otherwise what is produced is just another "rc".
I would do just that - use exactly the sources from "rc5". Make the release, and reserve further changes for next .dev version. Otherwise we will be in "rc" process forever...
Mirek

Sure, no problem - the fixes I wanted to include in the final are not so important.

Re: OK, time to release.... (finally). [message #8964 is a reply to message #8962] Tue, 10 April 2007 14:52 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Well, I have to agree with Mirek on this one, but maybe we can look at the implications of delaying the 2007.1 release to have a quick rc6 which adds this functionality.

is that reasonable?

unodgs, could you (and others) commit to testing the ChildFrameMouseEvent and other updates recently added?

should we even entertain the idea Wink

EBo --
Previous Topic: Welcome and lets finish that 2007.1
Next Topic: Back to devs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:05:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01042 seconds