Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » howto clean up generated test data?
howto clean up generated test data? [message #9341] Sat, 28 April 2007 17:12 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member

I have a couple of integrated test suites that I have cobbled together with U++...

These test suites often generate temporary files/data that have to be visually inspected. Once verified, is there a way to add them to a list of files to "clean" or be removed? I've poked around the docs a little and do not see anything obvious...

Thanks and best regards,

EBo --
Re: howto clean up generated test data? [message #9382 is a reply to message #9341] Thu, 03 May 2007 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am not sure I understand. What should clean them? TheIDE?

Mirek
Re: howto clean up generated test data? [message #9384 is a reply to message #9382] Thu, 03 May 2007 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I have hand coded Makefiles that generate temp data files, etc., as part of their unit testing. I was curious if there was a way to do this with theIDE.

EBo --
Re: howto clean up generated test data? [message #9394 is a reply to message #9384] Fri, 04 May 2007 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Thu, 03 May 2007 11:34

I have hand coded Makefiles that generate temp data files, etc., as part of their unit testing. I was curious if there was a way to do this with theIDE.

EBo --

Well, TheIDE philosophy is to never mix files that can be generated (object files, binaries etc...) and sources. So there is only a little need to care about this, I just from time to time delete the whole out directory....

Mirek
Re: howto clean up generated test data? [message #9396 is a reply to message #9394] Fri, 04 May 2007 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I came to about the same conclusion... What I did for the specific problem I was dealing with is to pop up a graphical display with the generated images as part of the unit/regression testing. That way I can keep it where ever and unlink it at the end.

Is there some way to easily get at the UPPOUT variable from a user program? Is it set in the environment, or otherwise accessibly?

Thanks and best regards,

EBo --
Re: howto clean up generated test data? [message #9397 is a reply to message #9396] Fri, 04 May 2007 23:57 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Fri, 04 May 2007 14:47

I came to about the same conclusion... What I did for the specific problem I was dealing with is to pop up a graphical display with the generated images as part of the unit/regression testing. That way I can keep it where ever and unlink it at the end.

Is there some way to easily get at the UPPOUT variable from a user program? Is it set in the environment, or otherwise accessibly?

Thanks and best regards,

EBo --

No, never came on my mind Smile

You can check for exe directory I think.

Mirek
Previous Topic: howto set U++ to comple for non-c++ source?
Next Topic: CtrlTab slaves
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:46:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02421 seconds